Frequently Asked Questions for Adult Students

The Mount classifies adult students as those who have been out of high school for four or more years at the time of enrollment.  These students may have completed some college coursework and may wish to transfer credits.

I’m interested in attending the Mount, what should I do?

Talk to an admission counselor!

E-mail Amy Wolf, or call 513-244-4204
E-mail Hannah Schiering, or call 513-244-4417

Begin the admission process by completing our application! All applicants are encouraged to meet with an admission counselor as part of the application process. Schedule an appointment where we can talk to you about your academic interests, transfer credit, and campus resources.

What are your criteria for admission?

Applicants must submit official college transcripts from all schools attended. An official high school transcript/or GED is needed if an applicant meets one or more of the following:

  • Applicant has never attended college
  • Applicant has less than 12 semester hours of transferrable credit
  • Applicant’s previous college credit is from a non-regionally accredited institution.

Applicants who meet one of the following situations below will need to meet with an admission counselor and submit a personal essay for further admission consideration.

  • Applicant has never attended college
  • Applicant has less than 12 semester hours of transferrable credit
  • Applicant’s previous college credit is from a non-regionally accredited institution.

Will the college credit I already have transfer?

We accept transfer credit from other regionally accredited institutions.  College-level work completed with a grade of “C” or higher is normally accepted.  Developmental coursework is reviewed on a case-by-case basis. You will want to refer to our complete list of transfer policies for more information.

When does evaluation of my credit occur?

Once you have been admitted to the University, an official evaluation of your credit is completed.  During this evaluation the Office of Admission will review your transfer work for Core Curriculum and general credit.  You and your advisor will then receive a copy of your completed evaluation by email.  *Academic departments determine the applicability of transfer courses to their program requirements. 

Your transcript analyst’s contact information will be provided with your evaluation so that you can follow up with any questions you might have!

Is there anything I can do if I’d like to get an idea of how my credits would transfer before I’m admitted?

Yes!  The Office of Admission will gladly complete an unofficial review of your transfer work prior to your application or admission to the University.  Provide a copy of your academic record and a transcript analyst will review your work for potential transfer credit.

For reference of previously identified transfer equivalencies, check out the Transfer Equivalency System. Keep in mind that not all institutions and courses will be listed. Email your transcript, or unidentified courses, to an admission counselor for further transfer review.

I have years of work experience, could this translate to college credit? 

Possibly! You will want to explore our Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) opportunities. PLA is the process for earning college level credit for learning that takes place outside of the college or university setting. The Mount is committed to responding to the need for lifelong learning by providing a full range of educational services adapted to the needs of adult students. As part of this commitment, the Mount recognizes and gives credit for college-level learning through PLA. Learning is acquired in many ways and includes, but is not limited to, career experiences, community service, military service, structured educational programs, self-taught skills, and even travel.

 More information can be found by contacting the Career and Experiential Education Center at 513-244-4888 or

What is your academic calendar like?

Our academic calendar consists of two 16-week semesters and a shorter summer session.  A full look at our calendar is available online.

How many classes do you have to take at a time?

Full-time students take anywhere between 12 – 18 credit hours per semester.  Generally, this means taking 4 – 6 classes at a time.  Part-time students take anywhere between 1 – 11 credit hours per semester.  This usually means taking 1 – 3 classes at a time.

How do I apply for financial aid?

Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the appropriate academic year.  Include our school code: 003033.  After admitted to the University, your FAFSA will be processed.  You will receive a financial aid award letter detailing your eligibility. 

To find more information on payment options, our tuition deferment program, and scholarships such as our Transfer Scholarship or Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship please visit the Office of Student Administrative Services or call 513.244.4418, or 800-654.9314 ext 4418.

I work during the day, is it possible to take classes in the evening or on the weekend?

Yes!  A variety of courses are available in the evening, on the weekend, and online.  Select programs can be completed in flexible format