The Master of Science In Organizational Leadership (MSOL) is a multi-disciplinary masters program that focuses on values-based leadership.
The Master of Science in Organizational Leadership is a multi-disciplinary graduate program intended for individuals in a variety of organizations that require executives with well-developed leadership skills. Both an art and a science, the essence of leadership is explored and put into everyday practice by the variety of professionals who enrolled in the MSOL program. Classmates from a wide range of industries encourage new perspectives and broaden each student's view. Our format provides the flexibility required by today's busy leader.
What will you get out of MSOL?
You can expect changes in your approach and in your outcomes.
- Increased management and leadership skills. You become primed for expanded supervisory responsibility and possible commensurate pay increases.
- Stronger self-awareness, which leads to a realistic appraisal of your knowledge, skills, and abilities. You will be able to assess which jobs or promotions to pursue. You may also realize you are qualified for positions you once thought impossible.
- Increased exposure to new ideas and methods. You become aware of new concepts and the knowledge that supports them, such as ways to lead and facilitate change.
- Expanded networking. You will acquire access to information about new and unforeseen career opportunities as you share your goals and abilities with your peers in the program and in the work place.
- Making a difference. With the support of professors and classmates, you will conduct a master's project about something important to you. For projects, our students have started not-for-profit organizations, launched businesses, and implemented programs to address problems or opportunities in their workplaces.
- Students take two classes at a time.
- Classes meet Saturdays at 8:30 a.m.-noon and 1-4:30 p.m.
- Classes meet 5-7 times each semester, typically every third Saturday during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- The MSOL is completed in two years.
Tentative Class Schedule
First Fall Semester
- Exploring Leadership
- Social Influence
First Spring Semester
- People in Organizations
- Ethical Issues in Organizations
First Summer Semester
- Spirituality of Leadership
- The Changing Workplace
Second Fall Semester
- Finance & Accounting for Leaders
- Organizational Research & Change
Second Spring Semester
- Managing Information, Technology and Projects
- Organizational Research & Change II
Second Summer Semester
- Global Economic Awareness
- Legal Issues in Organizations
Where Our Graduates Work
For more than 15 years, MSOL graduates have been making a leadership difference in Greater Cincinnati. We engage the heart, soul, and mind in order to produce ethical leaders who make a difference in our communities. MSOL students and graduates use their values-based leadership skills across a variety of industries in some of today's leading companies.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Learn more about tuition and financial aid.
The Mount offers off-campus programs at various sites. For more information on the current sites offering classes or to inquire about hosting sessions at your business location, please contact Jamal, Jamal.Rashed@msj.edu
MSOL to MBA
Earn your MBA in as little as six extra courses. Please click here for details.
Robin Campbell Massie