ESTIMATED COST OF ATTENDANCE
The following information is provided to the prospective student to assist them in financial planning. These figures represent estimated costs and as such, are subject to change at any time by the University’s Board of Trustees.
The estimated 2019-2020 tuition for the program is $12,200.00/semester* for a total of $85,400.00 for the seven semesters. This cost is inclusive of the following items:
- Diagnostic Medical Equipment
- Medical Equipment Bag with logo
- Embroidered Short White Lab Coat
- Embroidered Program Scrubs (2 pair)
- Medical Liability Insurance
- Simulation and Skills Lab Fees
- Virtual Medical Library (Access Medicine and DynaMed Plus)
- ACLS and BLS course fees
- HIPPA and Bloodborne Pathogen course fees
- Standardized exam fees and patient logging software
- PANCE Review program
- AAPA Student membership dues
- OAPA Student membership dues
Following acceptance in to the program, prospective students are responsible for:
- Completion of a criminal background check and drug screen testing. This is completed at the student’s expense following registration on the CastleBranch website and is estimated to cost $207.00
- Providing proof of immunization status. The required immunizations are consistent with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations for health care workers available at: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/adults/rec-vac/hcw.html There may be additional expense for obtaining required immunizations or laboratory testing to document immunity.
- Obtaining a medical screening examination from a qualified health care professional attesting that the student meets the Technical Standards for Physician Assistant students with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. A copy of the Standards, and the required form, are available on the program website’s homepage. Estimated cost of $150.00
- Providing proof of health insurance. Documentation is uploaded to the CastleBranch website. The cost of health insurance varies. While health care services are available to all students at the Campus Wellness Center, there is no student health insurance plan available for purchase through the university or the Wellness Center.
|Program Expenses||Estimated Cost|
|Laptop computer – student responsible for purchasing prior to January 2020. (Either Windows or MAC operating systems are acceptable, must be Wi-Fi compatible and have Microsoft Word capability.)||$ 700.00|
|Textbooks (includes online modules in several courses in lieu of textbooks)||$1200.00|
|Annual TB skin test and Influenza Vaccine (2) - CastleBranch||$ 100.00|
|Annual Background Checks and Drug Screens (2) - CastleBranch||$ 200.00|
|Software applications for clinical phase (optional)||$ 250.00|
|Professional Clothing for school events and clinical rotations||varies|
|Transportation Costs (including travel for clinical rotations)||varies|
|Room and Board||varies|
The student must be prepared to cover all transportation and living expenses while enrolled in the program. The Students are strongly discouraged from working during the didactic phase of the program and prohibited from working during the clinical phase of the program. See the Program’s Work Policy.
* All Tuition and Fees described are subject to approval by the University’s Board of Trustees.
Area high schoolers showcase their work in short films Read More
The Mount's Children's Center has been awarded a grant of $8,000 from the Andrew Jergens Foundation. Read More