PA ESTIMATED COST OF ATTENDANCE
The following information is provided to the prospective student to assist them in financial planning. These figures represent estimated costs and as such, are subject to change at any time by the University’s Board of Trustees.
The estimated 2018-2019 Tuition for the program is $10,950.00/semester* for a total $76,650.00 for the seven semesters. In addition, there are Program Fees of $250 per semester or a total of $ 1,750.00 **
Following acceptance in the program, prospective students are responsible for:
- Completion of a criminal background check and drug screen testing. This is completed at the student’s expense following registration on the CastleBranch.com website and is estimated to cost $207.00.
- Provide proof of immunization status. The required immunizations are consistent with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations for health care workers, available at http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/adults/rec-vac/hcw.html. There may be additional expense for obtaining required immunizations or laboratory testing to document immunity.
- Obtaining a medical screening examination from a qualified health care professional attesting the student meets the Technical Standards for Physician Assistant students with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. A copy of the Standards and the required form are available on the program website’s homepage. Estimated cost of $150.00
- Providing proof of Health Insurance. Documentation is uploaded to the CastleBranch site. The cost of health insurance varies. While health care services are available at the Campus Wellness Center, there is no student health insurance plan available for purchase through the University or the Wellness Center.
|Program Expenses||Estimated Cost|
|Laptop computer- student responsible for purchasing prior to January 2019. (Either Windows or MAC operating systems are acceptable, must be Wi-Fi compatible and have Microsoft WORD capability)||$ 700.00|
|Medical Equipment and Program Scrubs – These items will be purchased during the program’s orientation session.||$1000.00|
|Textbooks (includes online modules in several courses in lieu of textbooks)||$1200.00|
|Annual TB skin test and Influenza Vaccine (2) - Castle Branch||$ 100.00|
|Annual Background Checks and Drug Screens (2) - Castle Branch||$ 200.00|
|ACLS Certification Course (includes BLS skills stations)||$ 75.00|
|Software applications for clinical phase (optional)||$ 250.00|
|Professional Clothing for school events and clinical rotations||varies|
|Transportation Costs (including travel for clinical rotations)||varies|
|Room and Board||varies|
The student must be prepared to cover all transportation and living expenses while enrolled in the program. The Students are strongly discouraged from working during the didactic phase of the program and prohibited from working during the clinical phase of the program. See the Program’s Work Policy.
* Program Fees that are included in the tuition cost:
|AAPA membership||$ 75.00|
|OAPA membership||$ 25.00|
|Exam Master fees||$ 40.00|
|Library fee (Access Medicine and Dynamed Plus)||$600.00|
|Simulation & Skills Lab fees||$150.00|
|Medical Liability Insurance||$100.00|
|Standardized patient fee||$200.00|
|Embroidered Short White Lab Coat||$ 60.00|
|PANCE Review program||$100.00|
*The Program Fees are separate from any other University fees or assessments.
* All Tuition & Fees described are subject to approval by the University’s Board of Trustees.
Congratuations to our newest graduates! Read More
The Mount will serve and reflect on our beloved community, as Dr. King envisioned it. Read More