PA ESTIMATED COST OF ATTENDANCE
The following information is provided to the prospective student to assist them in financial planning. These figures represent estimated costs and as such, are subject to change at any time by the University’s Board of Trustees.
The estimated 2017-2018 Tuition for the program is $10,450.00/semester* for a total $73,150.00 for the seven semesters. In addition, there are Program Fees of $250 per semester or a total of $ 1,750.00 **
Following acceptance in the program, prospective students are responsible for:
- Completion of a criminal background check and drug screen testing. This is completed at the student’s expense following registration on the CastleBranch.com website and is estimated to cost $240.00.
- Provide proof of immunization status. The required immunizations are consistent with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations for health care workers, available at http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/adults/rec-vac/hcw.html. There may be additional expense for obtaining required immunizations or laboratory testing to document immunity.
- Obtaining a medical screening examination from a qualified health care professional attesting the student meets the Technical Standards for Physician Assistant students with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. A copy of the Standards and the required form are available on the program website’s homepage. Estimated cost of $150.00
- Providing proof of Health Insurance. Documentation is uploaded to the CastleBranch site. The cost of health insurance varies. While health care services are available at the Campus Wellness Center, there is no student health insurance plan available for purchase through the University or the Wellness Center.
|Program Expenses||Estimated Cost|
|Laptop computer||$ 700.00|
|Scrubs and Professional Clothes||$ 400.00|
|Annual TB skin test and Influenza Vaccine (2)||$ 100.00|
|Annual Background Checks and Drug Screens (2)||$ 180.00|
|ACLS Certification Course||$ 75.00|
|Software applications for clinical phase (optional)||$ 250.00|
|Graduation fee||$ 50.00|
|Room and Board||varies|
The student must be prepared to cover all transportation and living expenses while enrolled in the program. The Students are strongly discouraged from working during the didactic phase of the program and prohibited from working during the clinical phase of the program.
* All Tuition & Fees described are subject to approval by the University’s Board of Trustees.
** Program Fees include the following items:
|AAPA membership||$ 75.00|
|OAPA membership||$ 25.00|
|Exam Soft fees||$ 40.00|
|Anatomy lab fee||$125.00|
|Library fee (Access Medicine)||$450.00|
|Simulation & Skills Lab fees||$150.00|
|Medical Liability Insurance||$100.00|
|Standardized patient fee||$200.00|
|Embroidered Short White Lab Coat||$ 60.00|
|PANCE Review program||$100.00|
*The Program Fees are separate from any other University fees or assessments.
MSJ License plates for Ohio are now available for purchase. The Mount receives a large portion of the revenue from the sales. Read More
The Mount St. Joseph women's soccer program had three players honored as all-region players Read More