Immunization Policy for Residents
At Mount St. Joseph University
Students living in close proximity to others (i.e. residence hall) are at greater risk of contracting communicable diseases than the general population. Immunizations are one of the most effective public health measures in preventing the spread of communicable diseases.
Prevent the spread of vaccine-preventable communicable diseases within the Mount St. Joseph Community.
1. All resident students prior to moving into the residence hall at Mount St. Joseph University are required to submit documentation of current health status. This documentation should include an Immunization Record as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and the American College Health Association.
2. Current immunizations/screenings required by the University are:
· M.M.R (Measles-Mumps-Rubella)
· Varicella (Chicken Pox)
· TB (Tuberculosis) screening
· TD (Tetanus-Diphtheria) or TDaP (Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis)
3. Current immunizations recommended by the University are:
· Meningococcal meningitis
· Hepatitis B
· Students must submit Meningococcal and Hepatitis B vaccination status on the Immunization Record provided by the University in accordance with section 3701.133 (B) of the Ohio Revised Code.
4. Exemption from this policy will be granted due to medical exemptions or declinations related to reasons of conscience, including religious convictions, based on section 3313.671 (B) of the Ohio Revised Code. The following outlines the process for exemption:
· The student completes and signs the Mount St. Joseph University Immunization Waiver form.
· The student submits Meningococcal and Hepatitis B Vaccination status on the Immunization Record provided by the University in accordance with section 3701.133 (B) of the Ohio Revised Code.
· The student releases Mount St. Joseph University and any employee from all responsibility for any impairment of health that may result because of this exemption.
· In the event of an outbreak of a vaccine-preventable disease for which the student has not been immunized, the student will follow regular health practices regarding quarantine rules and regulations. This may include removal from the University at the student’s expense.
· The student will be responsible for any classes or academic requirements missed as a result of this exemption.
· This exemption only pertains to requirements for residency. Questions concerning immunization requirements for any academic program must be directed to the Department Chair.
Written by: Linda Pruss, RN
Revised: Amy Demko, RN, 8/6/14
Effective Date: 08/08
Mount St. Joseph opened up conference play on Friday against conference rival Manchester Read More
Congrats, Torry! Read More