Mount students, are you interested in pursuing a health career such as physical therapy or dentistry? The Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC) is here to help you! If you are interested in any of the 11 health careers listed below (listed in alphabetical order), please contact the health professions advisor for that career.
By contacting the advisor, you will be:
- Eligible to apply for a free preparatory course from Kaplan for one of the required health professions entrance exams (MCAT, PCAT, GRE, OAT, DAT)
- Enrolled in the Health Professions Advising Committee (HPAC) Blackboard course where all new health professions material is posted
- Contacted by the health professions advisor to develop an action plan to increase your chances of being accepted by professional schools after graduation
- Invited to meet and network with guest speakers who are working in your field of interest or are from professional schools for your career of interest
- Informed of workshops for resumes, personal statements, application tips, interviewing practice, etc.
- Provided with information about the pre-health club and their planned events, including the Annual Suture Workshop
- Pre-chiropractic medicine: Dr. BC Charles-Liscombe; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pre-dentistry: Dr. Tracy Reed-Kessler; email@example.com
- Pre-medicine: Dr. Eric Johnson; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pre-occupational therapy: Dr. Marsha Eifert-Mangine; email@example.com
- Pre-optometry: Dr. Jill Russell; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pre-pharmacy: Dr. Jill Russell; email@example.com
- Pre-physical therapy: Dr. Marsha Eifert-Mangine; firstname.lastname@example.org OR Mary Mazuk; email@example.com
- Pre-physician assistant: Dr. Tracy Reed-Kessler; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pre-podiatry: Dr. Eric Johnson; email@example.com
- Pre-public health: Dr. BC Charles-Liscombe; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pre-veterinary medicine: Dr. Eric Johnson; email@example.com
GRE Info Sessions
The Mount will also be offering information sessions for students planning to take the GRE. The sessions will help students learn about the test, and the options that they have for preparing for it.
The sessions will be held from 12-12:50 p.m. in SC 206 on the following dates:
- Monday, February 3
- Wednesday, February 5
- Friday, February 7
To continue to be updated on GRE information, please e-mail Dr. Tracy Reed-Kessler at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also be enrolled in the Health Professions Advising Committee Blackboard course for the GRE.