Position Title: Clinical Coordinator - Nursing
Classification: PRO Staff III
Department: School of Health Sciences
Reports to: Dean of Health Sciences
The Clinical Coordinator for Nursing will provide site development and coordination of all aspects of student clinical placements with clinical facility partners for the pre-licensure BSN and MSN - MAGELIN programs in the School of Health Sciences Department of Nursing.
The specific responsibilities of the Clinical Coordinator in the Department of Nursing include the following:
- Provide support to administration and faculty in clinical placement planning and assignment management for the designated program (BSN or MSN - MAGELIN).
- Serve as the liaison between the clinical facilities, clinical adjunct instructors and/or staff, University nursing faculty and prelicensure nursing students for all clinical placement requirements and contractual obligations for the designated program (BSN or MSN - MAGELIN).
- Serve as a Mount St. Joseph University Department of Nursing representative for the Centralized Clinical Placement System (CCPS).
- Request clinical placements for the prelicensure BSN and MSN - MAGELIN program as designated. Coordinate all aspects of clinical placement with the clinical facilities’ designee and Nursing Program Directors/Assistant Dean and/or Course Leaders.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of Microsoft Word and Excel databases needed for accreditation and departmental recordkeeping purposes.
- Procure required clinical contracts with desired potential clinical facility partners and secure contract renewals as needed.
- Participate in the assessment and evaluation of clinical courses, clinical placements and preceptors for the designated program (BSN or MSN - MAGELIN).
- Assist Nursing Program Directors/Assistant Dean in the acquisition, orientation and evaluation of adjunct clinical faculty as appropriate.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current trends in healthcare, nursing and nursing education.
- Contribute to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results when needed and as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain health requirement databases for all designated prelicensure nursing students and adjunct clinical faculty as necessary to ensure compliance.
- Assist the Program Directors/Assistant Dean and/or Course Leaders in the orientation of all prelicensure nursing students to the health and preclinical requirements for participation in nursing clinical experiences for the designated program (BSN or MSN - MAGELIN).
- Serve in a faculty role during high service demand times as necessary and appropriate.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Primary Contacts: Clinical contacts in the community, students, Department of Nursing faculty and staff, and other members of the University community.
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Works under general direction toward broadly defined objectives; refers specific problems to the Dean/ Assistant Dean when clarification or interpretation of organizational policies is involved.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree required.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of previous nursing practice required; experience with PC software (Microsoft Office preferred).
Specialized Training: Must have current license to practice in Ohio as a registered nurse without restrictions; commitment to collaborating with colleagues in other health science disciplines and multiple health care facilities/agencies; serves as a professional role model for colleagues, students and the professional community.
Work Environment/ Physical Work Demands: Standing or sitting in one position for long periods. Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with constant service interruptions; faculty and student contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references to Human.Resources@msj.edu. Please include “Attn: Clinical Coordinator – Nursing Search” in the subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy. EOE
Student Administrative Services, Conlan Center
Terre Haute, IN
Library Group Study Room