Students who are selected will be awarded one of the following scholarships:
1.) Fine Arts Scholarship – Two at $2,000 and two at $1,500
- Students should desire hands-on experiences working with many mediums such as drawing, painting, photography, ceramics, fabric design, printmaking, and sculpture.
- These renewable scholarships are open to students who enroll and maintain a major in one of the following: art, fine arts, art education, or graphic design.
2.) Moore-Eckel Scholarship*– $1,500
- Must be an incoming, first-time freshman attending full time.
- Have a desire to attend or complete a college degree.
- Have a personal or professional academic record showing potential for success in college.
- To renew the Moore-Eckel Scholarship students must maintain a 3.0 GPA and remain an art, design, education, or business major.
3.) John Nartker Scholarship – $1,000
- Must be a high school senior with a minimum 3.0 high school GPA.
- Be an incoming, first-time freshman attending full time.
- Have documentation of financial need – a completed FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) must be on file in the Mount’s Student Administrative Services Office.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA in college.
- This renewable scholarship is open to students who enroll and remain in one of the following majors: art, fine arts, art education, art history, or graphic design.
Other Art & Design Scholarships Offered
Mount St. Joseph University offers a variety of other Art & Design scholarships.
Alliance for Young Artists and Writers Award (formerly known as National Scholastic Art Award) – Full Tuition
- Students apply through their art teacher during their senior year in high school.
- Criteria: achieving a Gold level of national recognition in the competition and a desire to pursue a degree in art.
Austin E. Knowlton Foundation Renewable Scholarship – $4,000
- The Austin E. Knowlton Foundation renewable scholarships are awarded annually based on availability. First consideration is given to residents of Logan County, Ohio, who have been accepted to the Mount as full-time, first-year students. If there are no applicants from Logan County, other residents of the state of Ohio who have been accepted to the Mount as full-time, first-year students will be considered. Among eligible applicants, priority will be given to students interested in pursuing careers related to architecture or design.
High school instructors select students to participate in The Biennial Selections Exhibition in Studio San Giuseppe (the campus art gallery). These are renewable scholarships and are open to students who enroll and remain a major in one of the following: art, fine arts, art education, art history, or graphic design. Next opportunity: fall 2019.
- $5,000 – One to one high school senior
- $2,000 – One to one high school senior
- $2,000 – Two to two high school juniors
Sister Augusta Zimmer Scholarship – $1,000
- This scholarship is awarded by the Art & Design faculty at the end of the foundation year to a continuing art or design major who has completed their first year at the Mount.
- Criteria: a minimum 3.0 GPA for the first year of Mount studies, and an exemplary portfolio review at the end of the foundation year.
Find out what other academic scholarships you may be eligible for at the Mount with the scholarship wizard.
*Separate application due January 30th