Sport business is big business
The Department of Sport Management familiarizes students with all aspects of the sport industry and prepares them to be leaders of the future. Our goal is to create a stimulating and cooperative learning environment for analyzing issues pertaining to the business and culture of sports. As one of the few sport-based degree programs housed within a business school, we offer a comprehensive, business-focused curriculum that incorporates classroom learning with real-world, experiential learning.
Sport management students may enroll in the 4+1 M.B.A. Program during their senior year. This option enables students to graduate with two degrees in five years: a Bachelor of Science degree in Sport Management and an M.B.A.
- Sport Marketing
- Sport Law
- New Media and Public Relations in Sport
- Finance and Economics in Sport
- Sport Facility and Event Management
- Current issues in the Business of Sport
- Sport Management Intership
- International Sport Management
- Contemporary Sport Leadership
What Sets Us Apart:
- The Mount offers one of the few sport-based degree programs to be housed within a business division.
- Expert faculty with sport business related experience.
- Our Program Partner initiative provides students with additional support in obtaining internships and full-time positions.
- Over 80 percent of our graduates are either employed full-time or enrolled in graduate school.
- Our 4+1 MBA program allows students to obtain a sport management degree and an MBA in only 5 years.
Our graduates have a broad knowledge of sport management and can be effective managers across a wide range of sport organizations such as:
- Intercollegiate athletics
- Professional sport
- Athletic associations
- High school associations, recreational or intramural sport
- Event management
- Facility management
- Event coordination
- Fitness and health
- Sport product retail.
News and Events
Stay up to date with the most recent sport management program news and events and sport management industry links; visit the department of sport management page.
Picture yourself here! Schedule a visit for a tour of campus, opportunities to meet with faculty, and the chance to imagine yourself at MSJ.
Scholarships, loans, grants? What’s the difference? How do I apply? By visiting our Scholarships, Grants, and Loans webpage, you’ll find out.
Chair, Department of Sport Management