The Management major provides broad-based knowledge to prepare students to be successful managers in today’s dynamic business environment.
Developed in conjunction with area business leaders, the Management curriculum provides the technical and interpersonal skills that organizations demand today. Students who major in management will be able to apply knowledge of leadership and management to increase efficiency and effectiveness in accomplishing organizational goals. Students gain a strong ethical foundation and awareness of global and social issues in business, as graduates use their knowledge to contribute to business operations in organizations ranging from large corporations to small businesses.
- Business Research
- Business Communication
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- International Business.
- Human resources
- Quality management
- Project management.
Students can expect to:
- become skilled users of business technologies while gaining a strong foundation of current business knowledge
- learn to analyze complex business and use evidence-based management to make operational and strategic decisions
- understand effective use of business communication as is stressed throughout coursework
- gain a strong ethical foundation and an awareness of global and social issues in business
- learn to apply leadership and management knowledge to increase the efficiency and effectiveness in meeting organizational goals.
Management majors may enroll in the 4+1 M.B.A. Program during their senior year. This option enables students to graduate with two degrees in five years: a Bachelor of Science degree in Management and an M.B.A.
Co-op and service learning immerse students in the real world and provide rich opportunities for experiential learning and the application of skills and knowledge learned in the classroom. Students work under the supervision of a faculty member and an agency professional in a variety of non-profit and for-profit organizations and community partners.
Business students are encouraged to take advantage of co-op opportunities and a variety of career services and programs available through the university Career and Experiential Education Center.
Open to full-time students, the innovative Talent Opportunity Program (TOP) allows students to build skills in career planning, professionalism and ethical leadership from freshman year to graduation.
Faculty & Staff
The struggle for understanding financial aid is real, but we can help decode its mystery. Visit our Scholarships, Grants, and Loans webpage to use the Wizard and Net Price Calculator to help you review your options.