Mount St. Joseph University provides a quality entry-level athletic training education.
Our program incorporates research and technologies with an interdisciplinary liberal arts foundation.
Students who successfully complete the athletic training program learn to:
- Demonstrate professional, legal, ethical, social, and political responsibilities in the role of a certified athletic trainer.
- Communicate effectively with athletes, their families, colleagues, and other health care professionals while respecting cultural and ethnic differences.
- Employ critical thinking skills to recognize and define problems, analyze data, develop and implement solutions, and evaluate outcomes.
- Demonstrate accountability for actions and outcomes while fulfilling commitments as a certified athletic trainer.
- Implement safe and effective therapeutic interventions.
Our program combines research and technology with a liberal arts core that emphasizes values, integrity and social responsibility.
Our program fuses a comprehensive blend of academic, clinical and professional experiences through partnerships with various allied health care professionals. It's accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
View the Board of Certification pass rate results.
News and Updates
Stay up to date with the most recent athletic training program news and events; visit the department of athletic training page.