Admission Requirements for the 4+1 MBA
Undergraduates can earn a Master of Business Administration with one additional year of graduate study.
Our 36-hour MBA curriculum challenges you to strengthen and apply your knowledge in core business areas such as managerial finance, accounting, economics, marketing, and leadership. Our small class sizes allow you to hone your interpersonal, team, and group communication skills while working one-on-one with expert faculty.
Our 4+1 program allows you to earn both your undergraduate and MBA degrees in just five years. As a Mount St. Joseph University undergraduate, you can begin taking MBA courses in your senior year and complete your remaining graduate coursework in your fifth year. The 4+1 is open to both students in business related majors as well as other majors who take the foundational courses. Admission to the program is competitive.
Provisional Admission Requirements
Application to the MBA program is made in the spring semester of your junior year. Upon acceptance to the program, you will achieve provisional status. You will then be eligible to enroll in your first two MBA dual credit courses in the fall semester of your senior year.
To apply for provisional status, submit the following:
- Completed MBA Application Form
- Completed MBA Foundational Courses Form
- Successful interview with the MBA program director or designee.
As a provisional student, you will complete four dual credit courses (two per semester) during your senior year:
- Corporate, Legal, and Ethical Responsibility (3 credit hours)
- Managing Innovation and Technology (3 credit hours)
- Team Building and Group Dynamics (3 credit hours)
- Marketing for Management (3 credit hours)
Full Admission Requirements for 4+1 Students
Once you are admitted as a provisional 4+1 MBA student, you will become eligible for full admission status upon fulfilling the following requirements:
- Completed undergraduate degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completion of the required 15 credits of undergraduate business prerequisite courses with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Completion of the required 12 credits of MBA dual credit courses with a grade of B or higher
Admission Requirements for students who have completed an Undergraduate Degree
Requirements for admission to the program are as follows:
- A degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Send an official transcript verifying the degree directly from the institution attended to the Office of Graduate Admission, Mount St. Joseph University, 5701 Delhi Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45233.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher, computed on the undergraduate degree courses and additional prerequisite courses taken beyond the undergraduate degree.
- Completion of the MBA Required Foundational Course form.
Two letters of reference:
- one from faculty in your undergraduate program who can attest to your ability to do graduate-level work and
- a letter of ethical/character reference from someone familiar with the applicant other than immediate family.
- Submission of a one-page, typed statement of the applicant's career goals in the next five years and how an MBA will help you in achieving your goals.
- Successful interview with the MBA admission's committee
Students who have completed an Undergraduate Degree and wish to pursue daytime MBA contact Amy Wolf: firstname.lastname@example.org