The Wellness Center at the College of Mount St. Joseph espouses a holistic approach to the ongoing process of human development.
The Center is committed to providing a safe environment that advocates, educates, and encourages the physical, spiritual, and psychological well-being of Mount students.
The Wellness Center is located in the Harrington Center, Room 131.
To make an appointment or ask a question, call the Wellness Center's main desk at (513) 244-4949. For information and questions regarding Student Health Insurance, call (513) 244-4769. Appointments with individual members of the Wellness Center staff can also be made by e-mailing or calling them directly.
- Patsy Schwaiger Willig, M.Ed., LPCC, Director
- Linda Pruss, RN, C BSN, Coordinator, Health Services
- Rick Sacksteder, M.Ed., LPCC
- Meghan Griffin M.S.ED., LPCC
- Jennifer Strom, Ph.D.
- Natalie Bechtol, Medical Assistant/Insurance Liaison
- Kathy King, Administrative Assistant
We provide programs, resources and education to promote wellness in the campus community. Health resources offered by the Wellness Center include:
- Flu Shots
- Physical Exams
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Lab Work
- Fitness and weight control monitoring
- Lifestyle Planning
- Continuity of care for long-term conditions
- Informational brochures
- X-ray and outpatient testing through Tri Health and Good Samaritan Hospital
The Wellness Center is staffed by a full-time registered nurse. A physician is available for scheduled visits during specified times each week for a $10 co-pay.
Student health insurance
Mount St. Joseph student insurance for 2012-2013 will be provided through USI Affinity insurance. Coverage begins August 15, 2012. To enroll/waive the student insurance go to: www.CIRStudenthealth.com/msj.
We promote the psychological and emotional health of the campus community. The counseling offices are staffed by full-time and part-time counselors. Wellness resources offered by the Wellness Center include:
- Individual counseling
- Relationship counseling
- Drug and alcohol assessment
- Psychological testing
Counseling resources are available Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Our professional staff offers a safe, non-judgmental, and confidential environment to assist students.