You play a role in keeping Mount St. Joseph University safe. Students, faculty and staff involvement and cooperation in any campus safety program is an absolute necessity. All members of the University community must take responsibility for their own safety, and for the security of their property. Remember these simple, common-sense precautions:
- Although the campus is well lit, you'll find safety in numbers, and should walk with a companion or in groups at night.
- Always lock resident room and office doors.
- Mark valuables with a personal identification number in case of loss or theft.
- Use our escort program when necessary.
- When walking to the parking lot, have your keys ready and watch for suspicious people or activities.
- Avoid leaving keys in the car ignition and valuables on your seats.
- Lock all valuables, laptops, cameras, briefcases, and book bags in the trunk.
- Lock your automobile.
- Never leave books or personal items unattended in campus buildings.