The College opens on September 14 with 20 students and 11 faculty as one of Ohio’s first Catholic colleges for women. It is the first college established by the Sisters of Charity in Ohio. Mother Mary Bertha Armstrong (inset), Mother General of the Sisters of Charity, served as the first ex officio president until 1923. The Mother Generals of the Sisters of Charity served ex-officio as presidents of the College from 1920 to 1959.
The new campus opens on a 75 acre tract at the corner of Neeb and Delhi roads in Cincinnati with nine major buildings constructed around a central quad. Donations from alumni, local businesses and friends help finance construction costs totaling $15 million.
Celebrating 10 years of the Master of Science In Organizational Leadership (MSOL) Program, 20 years of the Honors Program, 25 years of the Master of Arts in Religious Studies degree program, 30 years of Cooperative Education and Project EXCEL, 40 years of competitive athletics, and 50 years of the current campus.
In looking ahead to the centennial year, the Vision 2020 Planning Task Force has been established and charged with engaging faculty, staff, students, trustees, Sisters of Charity, and community in a collaborative process to create the Mount’s next strategic plan. We look forward to the next 100 years at the Mount!