Mount St. Joseph University is accepting applications for the full-time, professional staff, position of Admission Counselor. The Admission Counselor is responsible for various individual and team activities related to the recruitment of undergraduate students to achieve University enrollment and net revenue goals.
- Responsible for recruitment of freshman, transfer and adult students through: high school visits, hosting campus visits, representing the University at college fairs, walk in appointments, assisting with campus based events related to admission/recruitment
- Plan and execute a variety of territory management activities and programs, including extensive travel, representing the University to prospective students and their families, high school counselors, teachers, alumni, and other constituencies
- Process applications and make scholarship recommendations
- Attend articulation meetings and assist with mailings
- Serve as liaison to one or more campus areas/functions, including but not limited to: Project EXCEL, Student Affairs, Alumni callers, Athletic Department, Career & Experiential Education, and Residence Life
- Assist with GAD, Campus Visit Events, Registration, Admission Volunteers, and other recruitment/retention efforts and events
- Represent University through various groups, speaking to small and large groups on and off campus about the Admissionselection process
- Take advantage of opportunities for professional development while representing the University at regional professional meetings
- Participate in University committee assignments
- Contribute to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the office; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
- Assist in the implementation and full utilization of technological resources, including social media, and their application to the recruitment and admission functions.
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with prospective students, faculty and coworkers, maintaining appropriate level of professionalism
- Spanish Bilingual abilities a plus
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Knowledge and work experience in the recruitment of traditional and adult students in a university setting and experience working with students from under-represented populations; experience in marketing, sales, advertising or business may also be considered.
Specialized Training: Spanish Bilingual abilities a plus; Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software; FrontPage or other web page editor; new media technologies including social media, CARS and Enrollment Manager, and valid driver’s license with availability to travel. Adaptability to changing software systems. Ability to articulate and promote the value of an undergraduate liberal arts education; demonstrate strong interpersonal public speaking and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity; demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills; communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
Work Environment/ Physical Work Demands: Extensive travel required as well as intensive use of the telephone to develop relationships with prospective students; standing or sitting in one position for long periods; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with constant service interruptions; high level customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to email@example.com. Please include Attn: Admission Counselor Search in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.