Status: Full-time 12 month
Classification: Professional Staff (exempt)
Department: Physician Assistant Studies, School of Health Sciences
Reports to: Chair/Program Director
Purpose: Facilitates clinical site/preceptor development and coordinates all aspects of the Physician Assistant program’s required clinical practice experiences.
The specific responsibilities of the Clinical Coordinator in the Department of Physician Assistant Studies include the following:
• Provide support to the administration and faculty in clinical placement planning and assignment for the Physician Assistant program.
• Serve as the point of contact between the Physician Assistant program and clinical facilities, clinical offices, preceptors and/or staff for all clinical rotation requirements, credentialing and contractual obligations for the program.
• Procure required clinical affiliation agreements with desired potential clinical sites and secure contract renewals in a timely manner.
• Assure the completion of all Preceptor Qualification Forms including verification of licensure, for all program preceptors prior to inclusion in the program’s E*value database.
• Serve as a Mount St. Joseph University Physician Assistant program representative for the Castle Branch and E*value programs utilized in support of the clinical phase of the curriculum.
• Develop and maintain databases related to health requirements, immunizations, drug screens and criminal background checks for all Physician Assistant students to ensure compliance with program policy and procedures.
• Request clinical placements for Physician Assistant students as designated.
• Coordinate all aspects of clinical placement/credentialing with the preceptor office, clinical facility or health system designee.
• Participate in the development and maintenance of Microsoft Word, Excel and E*value databases needed for continuous program evaluation and ARC-PA accreditation purposes.
• Facilitate the collection of necessary data for the evaluation of student and preceptor performance on clinical rotations, to include grading forms, surveys, and student generated patient logs.
• Assist the faculty in the orientation of all students to the health and preclinical requirements for participation in program required clinical experiences.
• Assist faculty during high demand times as necessary and appropriate including return to campus events and faculty retreats.
• Contribute to the team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the program; helping others accomplish related job results when needed and as appropriate.
• Assist with other duties as assigned.
Primary Contacts: Clinical contacts in the community, students, program faculty and staff, and other members of the University community.
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Works under general direction toward program defined objectives; refers specific problems to the Chair/Program Director when clarification or interpretation of program policies is involved.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Required Skills/Experience: Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office required. A minimum of 2 years of previous clinical experience is desired.
Work Environment/ Physical Work Demands: Standing or sitting in one position for long periods. Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with constant service interruptions; faculty and student contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to: email@example.com
Please include “Attn: Clinical Coordinator” in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer