Department: Student Administrative Services
Reports to: Director of Student Administrative Services
Purpose: As a member of the Student Administrative Services and Conlan Center team in the Finance Division, the Student Administrative Services Representative provides front line service for in-person and telephone requests for financial aid, billing, registration, and payment information. The Representative has primary responsibility for providing and collecting a variety of forms, materials, and information for the Conlan Center and other offices on campus as needed.
- Provides front line services directly to students and parents
- Handles requests for information/assistance regarding registration, financial aid, billing, payments and Registrar Office front counter record requests
- Assists students and families in seeing how they can afford the Mount
- Collects and distributes a wide variety of forms, materials, and publications
- Processes Registration/Consortium Registration and Drop/Adds
- Trains and assists students and others in the use of Web-based registration and other Web-based information tools
- Cashiering: receives and processes cash, checks, and credit cards for student payments with a high degree of accuracy
- Processes government assistance forms
- Authorizes bookstore charges
- Calculates amounts due, refunds available etc. with a high degree of accuracy
- Distributes refund checks
- Calls “no shows,” and students in cancelled courses and classes
- Provides and collects degree applications, transcript requests, and other items for the Registrar’s Office
- Shares/supplies all pertinent counter and telephone information
- Keeps informed on processing schedules in the Center and Registrar’s Office
- Maintains voice mail messages and bulletin boards
- Stays aware of other activities on campus
- Understands what services are provided by other offices on campus and directs questions to other areas when appropriate
- Works with other SAS Representatives to maintain appropriate staff rotation schedule
- Committee assignments
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
Primary Contacts: Students and parents, Student Administrative Services staff, Registrar’s Office staff, students and parents, and other members of the Enrollment Management Division and the campus community
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Works toward a previously defined objective with little supervision and uses a wide range of procedures; plans and arranges own work referring unusual cases to the Director of Student Administrative Services.
Education: Associate Degree Preferred
Experience: Prior experience with significant customer service required; (experience in a financial aid office preferred); experience with computerized academic/financial records and on-line systems (CARS preferred) PC software experience (Microsoft Office preferred).
Specialized Training: Any combination of education, experience, or training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Exhibit a “student/customer first” orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and customer needs and expectations; anticipate and identify department and other customer needs
- Available to rotate through multiple time frames of service operations
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment to liberal arts education
- Collaborate well with others and help make office staff a cohesive group
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate with others to achieve common office or College goals
- Willingly assist in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Student Administrative Services, the Conlan Center, and the Enrollment Management Division as required during high service demand times
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with customers and co-workers, maintaining appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, public speaking, and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
Accuracy: Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
Technical: Must possess aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office
Work Environment, Physical Demands: Standing or sitting in one position for long periods; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with constant service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to Kathryn.Kelly@msj.edu.
Please include "Attn: Student Administrative Services Representative" in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer