Expansion of Online Offerings
The College of Mount St. Joseph is accepting applications for the position of Instructional Designer.
Performs instructional design operations for faculty; implementation and administration of course management, assessment, e-portfolio and other instructional application software systems.
- Performs instructional design functions: works with faculty to improve instructional delivery, including student assessment, content development, instructional materials design and production, evaluation of delivery methods, test design, and methods assessment
- Provides coordination of activities and support to the Mount’s technology-related learning communities.
- Provides design, training and assistance services to faculty on blended/online learning and instructional applications; orients faculty, staff, and students to instructional materials, equipment and training; designs face-to-face and online training courses and documentation
- Informs faculty of new developments in materials, equipment, and technology related to the instructional process
- Implements and manages new web-based technologies, including course management, assessment and e-portfolio systems; develops and documents system procedures
- Assists faculty with development of websites. Assists in analyzing needs; identifying and articulating short term goals, long range goals for instructional design and blended/online learning activities; assists with the evaluation of new and upgraded software applications; examines software applications in terms of training implications
- Actively promotes the integration of technology into instructional programs both inside and outside the classrooms
- Adheres to unit’s policies and procedures; analyzes and resolves problems; cooperates and communicates effectively and in a timely manner with department staff, supervisor, and other departments; forwards appropriate issues and refers clients to supervisor
- Serves as backup for day-to-day administration of the course management system, including course setup, uploading content, account management and backup and recovery management.
- Communicates effectively and in a timely manner with faculty, students, College departments, and supervisors and colleagues in ISS; serves on College committees as assigned or appointed
- Provides formalized training sessions for faculty and staff
- Engages in personal professional development to stay current with the demands of the position; is a positive influence for the effective use of technology on campus; performs additional related duties as assigned by supervisors
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; explores new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results when needed; ensures efficient use of department resources (personnel, space, funds); supports department activities
Faculty, Instructional Technology Staff, ISS Division Staff
Works under general direction toward broadly defined objectives; refers specific problems to the Director, Instructional Technology when clarification or interpretation of organizational policies is involved.
Baccalaureate degree, with emphasis in instructional design or educational media
Experience with instructional design, teaching and training experience preferred
Computer assisted instruction, multimedia production, web authoring, HTML authoring, course management systems, e-portfolio systems, and web-based instructional programs preferred
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references to: Attn: Instructional Designer, C/O: Ashley Terrell, College of Mount St. Joseph, 5701 Delhi Road, Cincinnati, OH, 45233, or by e-mail to Human_Resources@mail.msj.edu. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the College's Non-Discrimination Policy. EOE
To send requests for a complete job description to Human_Resources@mail.msj.edu