Mount St. Joseph University is currently seeking the part-time, variable hour, non-benefit eligible, hourly position of Bus Driver. Currently, the University owns one bus capable of holding thirty six passengers, including the driver. The University pays for time spent with our students and not just time spent behind the wheel. There is also an additional rate we pay for overnight trips, with a six hour minimum for all trips taken.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent or preferred
- Minimum of 1 year customer service experience.
- At least one year of commercial driving experience preferred
- CDL class A or B license with P endorsement (as mandated the state of Ohio) designed for vehicles to transport sixteen or more passengers with good driving history. The CDL must not have the restriction of L, which restricts the driver to vehicles not equipped with air brakes OR a CDL class C endorsement (as mandated by the state of Ohio), including the above caveats.
- Valid DOT Medical Certificate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to work various shifts including weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Ability to maintain and project professional behaviors towards customers and associates
- Ability to work to outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Ability to Stand, Walk, Bend, Sit for up to 8 hours and lift and/or carry a minimum of 50 pounds
Per the DOT consortium the University belongs to, s/hemust agree to random drug testings.
To apply, please send your qualifications to Human.Resources@msj.edu for further consideration, with "Bus Driver Search" in the attention line. Position open until full; EOE