Position Title: Associate Director of Alumni Relations and Lead Annual Giving
Classification: PRO Staff III/IV, exempt, full-time
Department: Institutional Advancement
Reports to: Director of Development
Duties: The Associate Director of Alumni Relations and Lead Annual Giving is responsible for directing and managing all aspects of alumni programming and ensuring the success of the Annual Fund with special emphasis on alumni engagement at the $1K-$5K per year level. The Associate Director will develop and implement key strategies for alumni cultivation and solicitation of alumni as well as organize and implement programs and events that provide for meaningful engagement of Mount alumni with the University and one another. The Associate Director will supervise the Coordinator of Annual Giving and Young Alumni, and collaborate with other advancement professionals and University departments to develop strategies for meaningful alumni engagement.
- Key member of the Advancement Team with responsibility for identification, cultivation and stewardship of alumni prospects;
- Directs all alumni programming to engage alumni into the life of the University by providing opportunities that will foster pride and continued involvement with the University;
- Directs Alumni Board initiatives and projects including working with the Board Chair and all Board committees to implement strategic goals, recruiting Board members and attending all Board meetings and events;
- Responsible for providing stewardship to lead annual donors and growing the rolls of the University’s lead annual giving society by a number personal visits and solicitations;
- Working with the Events Manager, manages all activities of annual Reunion Weekend. Responsibilities include identifying and recruiting reunion class committee members, and managing all events of Reunion Weekend including scheduling, print materials and the Annual Alumni Awards Ceremony;
- Maintains active and meaningful communications with alumni through a variety of media, including the Web, social media, monthly alumni e-newsletter, correspondence, and personal contacts;
- Works with the Coordinator of Annual Fund to engage students and young alumni;
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results when needed.
Primary Contacts: Alumni, Institutional Advancement Staff, President and President’s Administrative Assistant and Alumni Board and Board of Trustee members, faculty and academic leadership.
Supervision Exercised: Directs activities of the Coordinator of Annual Fund and Young Alumni.
Supervision Received: Works under general direction toward broadly defined objectives; refers specific problems to the Director of Development when clarification or interpretation of organizational polices are involved.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 3-5 years of proven success and related experience in annual fundraising, volunteer management, and/or public relations. Some supervisory experience a plus.
Specialized Training: Bachelor’s degree required plus any combination of education, experience, or training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities needed
Work Environment, Physical Demands: Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work; occasional travel
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to Human.Resources@msj.edu. Please include Attn: Associate Director of Alumni Relations and Lead Annual Giving Search in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. EOE
Need to get rid of old appliances? Here's your chance! Read More