Position Title: Admission Counselor/Transcript Analyst for Graduate Studies
Classification: Professional Staff V
Department: Admission Office
Reports to: Director of Admission
Mount St. Joseph University is accepting applications for the full-time, professional staff position of Admission Counselor/ Transcript Analyst for Graduate Studies for the Office of Admission. The successful candidate will be responsible for various individual and team activities related to the recruitment of graduate students to achieve the University enrollment and net revenue goals. Also responsible for analyzing transcripts to determine prerequisites and graduate program requirements.
· Proactively manage graduate recruiting; follow-up on leads generated; represent the university through various groups, speaking to small and large groups on and off campus about the graduate programs selection process; counsel students towards the realization of full education potential; maintain a student first service model; ability to articulate and promote the value of a graduate professional program and the benefits and features of a Mount St. Joseph education.
· Research and implement new recruitment opportunities; communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office and University goals.
· Develop and nurture and effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with prospective students, faculty, co-workers and various campus and community constituencies.
· Perform accurate and a comprehensive transcript and application evaluation; consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions.
· Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
· Implementation and full utilization of technological resources, including social media, written communications, and their application to the recruitment and admission functions.
Primary Contacts: Director of Admission, Associate and Assistant Director of Admission, prospective students, academic deans and graduate program directors, Conlan Center staff, Student Affairs staff, and faculty/staff associated with graduate initiatives.
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Works under general direction toward broadly defined objectives; refers specific problems to a Director of Admission only when clarification or interpretation of organizational policies is involved.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
Experience: 3-5 years’ experience with demonstrated knowledge and successful sales/admission/customer service experience; recruiting and advising with a specific emphasis on the adult and graduate population.
Specialized Training: Excellent verbal and written communications. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software; new media technologies including social media best practices, CARS and Customer Relationship System, and valid driver’s license with the availability to travel. Adaptability to changing software systems.
Work Environment/ Physical Work Demands: Multiple evening and weekend service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; standing or sitting in one position for long periods; strict confidentiality; detailed work
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to Peggy.Minnich@msj.edu. Please include Attn: Admissions Counselor/Transcript Analyst for Graduate Studies Search in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
DPT student, Alesha Williams, published a paper investigating High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) in patients following stroke. Read More
MSJU DPT Class of 2016 Graduation and Award Celebration Read More