Position Title: Administrative Assistant, Physical Therapy (part-time)
Classification: Support Staff II, part-time (<30 hours per week), hourly
Department: Physical Therapy
Reports to: Chair of Physical Therapy
The Administrative Assistant of Physical Therapy will be responsible for assisting the Physical Therapy program with duties as outlined below to assure meeting professional education requirements especially related to clinical education, lab administration, and daily departmental affairs.
Department of Physical Therapy:
- Process scantron grading and analysis upon faculty request
- Complete clerical duties including copying, scanning, faxing, filing, and coordinating mailings.
- Order desk copies, texts needed for coursework from outside publishers.
- Manage textbook order process for PT courses
- Obtain University seal when needed
- Collect PT syllabi and faculty schedules each semester and send to appropriate parties, including VPAA
- Request student name tags for clinical rotations through Campus Police Office
- Maintain student mailboxes in function room
- Respond to further delegated tasks from other department Administrative Assistant(s), Chair, and Director of Clinical Education as requested
- Serve as back-up to primary department Administrative Assistant
- Order work request from building and maintenance for needed repairs of offices and classrooms
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results when needed.
School of Health Sciences
- Maintain function rooms by ensuring appropriate supplies are ordered and repairs are coordinated with vendor
- Maintain kitchen by ordering paper products as needed and organizing as time permits
- Determine school needs and order all supplies for the function room.
- Order and store special supply requests for the Department of Physical Therapy
- Distribute received school mail
Primary Contacts: Department faculty, students and staff, school staff, office equipment vendor, and other members of the University community.
Supervision Exercised: May direct/delegate work of student work study Lab Managers
Supervision Received: Chair of Physical Therapy and Director of Clinical Education
Education: Associate’s degree required or a combination of education/ applicable work experience that best meets the requirements of the position
Experience: One-three years administrative support experience in an academic setting preferred
Specialized Training: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; must have an understanding of the realm of academia/ physical therapy or ability to quickly and efficiently learn and process information
Work Environment/ Physical Work Demands: Computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to Human.Resources@msj.edu. Please include Attn: Administrative Assistant, Physical Therapy in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To send requests for a complete job description to Human.Resources@msj.edu.
Please view the University's Non-Discrimination Policy. EOE
Student Administrative Services, Conlan Center
Seton Center, Room 132
6th Floor Chapel