Department: Physical Therapy
Reports to: Director of Physical Therapy
Part-time 0.625 FTE
Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Responsible for assisting the physical therapy program with duties as outlined below to assure meeting professional education requirements especially related to clinical education, lab administration and daily departmental affairs.
1- Adapts willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and student-faculty-staff customer needs and expectations; anticipates and identifies student-faculty-staff customer needs.
2- Communicates, cooperates and collaborates well with others to achieve common department, school and university goals.
3- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity.
4- Demonstrates strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking.
5- Maintains a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions.
6- Takes immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving.
7- Accomplishes tasks with follow-through to completion.
8- Adapts willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and functions within department and/or position.
• Assists with physical therapy (PT) clinical education activities including, but not limited to maintaining contracts with clinical sites, maintaining student health requirements, and assisting with correspondence with students and off-campus clinical sites.
• Processes Scantrons, runs reports, and posts reports to I: drive.
• Updates PT bulletin board seasonally.
• Copies paperwork as needed.
• Files as needed.
• Orders desk copies, texts needed for coursework from outside publishers.
• Scans both for in house files and to send outside of the college.
• Faxes as needed.
• Obtains University seal when needed.
• Requests student name tags for clinicals through Campus Police in collaboration with DCE.
• Collates and sends miscellaneous mailings as needed.
• Submits work requests to building and maintenance for needed repairs of offices and classrooms.
• Maintains a database to track supplies and inventory used by the PT Department.
• Places special request orders for PT.
• Assists with creating the annual PT Newsletter.
• Assist with loading students and documents into Blackboard.
• Assists with organizing the Orientation Outing.
• Acts as a “patient” during exams/competencies.
• Responds to further delegated tasks from primary Dept AA, Chair, and DCE as requested.
• Serves as back-up to primary Dept AA.
• Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results when needed.
School of Health Science:
• Maintains main function room; keeps main function room organized.
• Determines School of HS office supply needs and orders all supplies for the main function room and Neeb Road.
• No longer have this fax machine.
• Maintains staplers, hole punch machines, pencil sharpeners and other devices in main function room.
• Distributes faculty and staff mail.
Small Function Room W130:
• Maintains printer with ink cartridge replacements, contacting MOM when needed.
• Maintains paper shredder, hole punch machine, and pencil sharpener.
• Maintains DPT student mail folders.
• Orders paper products as needed.
• Organizes as time permits.
Other duties as assigned.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Attn: Physical Therapy Administrative Assistant” in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
After a 34-year career at the Mount, Chief Financial Officer Anne Marie Wagner has decided to retire at the end of 2017. Read More
Studio San Giuseppe hosted summer art camps in June and July for young future artists. Read More