Department: Nursing, School of Health Sciences
Reports to: Assistant Dean of Nursing
Earned doctorate in nursing or doctorate in related field preferred plus a master’s degree in nursing. Prior teaching experience in a baccalaureate or higher degree program required. Program directors must have excellent organizational skills, ability to work with multiple constituencies, and ability to manage and lead others, and to communicate efficiently and effectively both in written and oral communications. Program directors must have a current unencumbered license to practice in the state of Ohio as a registered nurse and five years of practice as a registered nurse.
The specific responsibilities of the BSN Program Director include the following:
1. Oversee the day-to-day operations of the BSN program and integrity and make recommendations for program changes.
2. Participate with the Assistant Dean of Nursing and the Dean of the School of Health Sciences in recruiting faculty to teach in the program.
3. Orient new employees to the program in collaboration with the Assistant Dean of Nursing, clinical coordinators, and School Dean.
4. Participate in the short term and strategic planning for the program in collaboration with the Assistant Dean of Nursing and School Dean.
5. Participate in budgetary requests for the program in collaboration with the Assistant Dean of Nursing and School Dean.
6. Participate with the Assistant Dean of Nursing in planning course offerings of the program that meet the academic needs of the students for course sequencing. The Program Director and Assistant Dean of Nursing will work together in assigning faculty workload to meet the needs of the program both for students and faculty.
7. Recruit students for the program.
8. Meet with and advise prospective and current students regarding program requirements and academic course scheduling.
9. Collaborate with the admission/advising offices in recruitment and selection of students for the program.
10. Assist the Assistant Dean of Nursing in the preparation of assessment, program review and annual reports by providing accurate program information.
11. Provide leadership for specialized accreditation.
12. Work as part of the department of nursing administrative team with the Assistant Dean of Nursing, other Program Directors, and the School Dean.
13. Lead and manage program specific committees.
14. Participate with the Assistant Dean of Nursing in preparing for Faculty Organization Meetings.
15. Participate as requested on the Nursing Advisory Committee.
16. Represent the program to the external community.
17. Other projects/work assigned by the Assistant Dean of Nursing.
SKILLS: Individuals must possess knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the individual to be outdoors when traveling between local campus buildings or off-campus.
- Program Director may visit faculty in their clinical/preceptor setting for evaluative purposes and travel when recruiting students.
- Must be able to drive to different locations in the greater Cincinnati area or outside of the area as necessary.
- Individual may have to visit health care facilities where exposure to harmful substances may exist, however, this is infrequent.
- Individual may be exposed to frequent noise caused by telephones, office machines, and nearby oral communications among University personnel and/or students.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Ability to walk, sit at a computer for long periods, stand, stoop, lift or carry objects that weigh less than ten pounds.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and handle copy/office machines.
- Visual acuity to read documents appearing on computer screen, hand-written documents, and print copies.
- Ability to communicate both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to travel when necessary.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with two professional references via e-mail to: Nancy.Hinzman@msj.edu
Please include “Attn: Nursing Faculty BSN Program Director” in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Kritsky: "Keep the pictures coming!" Read More
"Campus Protests, Public Safety, and Free Speech" will be held Tuesday, May 30 Read More