Position Description: Part-time
Reports to: Senior Design Manager
Department: Division of University Communications
Purpose: As part of the Division of University Communications, the graphic designer reports to the Senior Design Manager and is responsible for the design, layout and production for a variety of creative projects including, but not limited to, print collateral, direct mail, space and product design, digital communications and rich media, using current software and applications in the Division of University Communications.
The graphic designer is responsible for executing the following duties in a timely manner with a high level of customer service:
1. Design and produce quality creative projects such as digital, web, social media, print and mobile, which adhere to the brand and provide a consistent image for the university.
2. Meet with senior design manager and/or internal clients to determine project scope: including budget, timeline, audience...etc.
3. Exercise operational best practices with acquisition and management of bids, prioritizing work, and providing project status to managers, vendors and
4. Collaborate on research of creative design, integration of digital and print, and production opportunities for current and future projects.
5. Maintain the online photography catalog and provide in-house photography services when a professional photographer is unavailable.
6. Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; and helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
Primary Contacts: External: freelancers as well as other vendors. Internal: Division of University Communications team members, other campus departments, faculty and staff.
Supervision Received: Senior Design Manager
Education: Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field.
Experience: Graphic design experience in print and digital design, electronic pre-press production is required. Video production and photography experience are preferred.
Specialized Training: Requires over one year, up to and including four years of related experience in design, layout and pre-press/production of print, web and digital communications materials; designing for multiple resolutions, devices and platforms; advanced experience in Creative Suite and Microsoft Office. Video production and photography experience are preferred.
- Exhibit a "customer first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations.
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and faculty and staff needs and expectations.
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office or university goals.
- Willingly assist in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Division of University Communications as required during high service demand times.
- Ability to communicate information clearly, concisely and listen well to others with an appropriate level of professionalism.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity.
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills.
Accuracy: Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions.
Initiative: Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving. Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion.
Technical: Must have knowledge of and experience with the required software packages; ability to learn and stay current with new software.
Work Environment, Physical Demands: Office work plus attendance/participation in meetings on- campus; participation in university events as assigned; multiple concurrent tasks with constant service interruptions; customer contact; confidentiality; detailed work; ability to lift 30lbs.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to: email@example.com
Please include “Attn: Graphic Designer” in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
After a 34-year career at the Mount, Chief Financial Officer Anne Marie Wagner has decided to retire at the end of 2017. Read More
Studio San Giuseppe hosted summer art camps in June and July for young future artists. Read More