Department: Athletics and Recreation
Reports to: Head Football Coach, Defensive Coordinator
Purpose: Responsible for instructing student athletes in the rules and fundamentals of football; and providing input and assistance to the head coach in determining fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques. Support the Head Football Coach in recruiting, football operations and Defensive Coordinator in coaching a position, coordinating JV Defense, and Defensive film breakdown.
• Coach in the defensive secondary and assist in duties as assigned by Defensive Coordinator.
• Assist Video Coordinator with administration of HUDL.
• Maintain current and thorough prospect information in team’s FrontRush Account including contact information, visit records, and evaluations.
• Recruit qualified prospects from specific recruiting territory.
• Assist Head Coach and Assistant Football Coaches with tracking application information for interested prospective student athletes.
• Coordinate logistics of various recruiting visit opportunities.
• Assist Coordinators with daily in-season practice schedules and on field tasks.
• Assist with work study students’ daily job assignments.
• Oversee Game day recruiting Interns.
• Coach specific position group and help with JV program including coordinating the JV Defense.
• Maintain current knowledge and abide by NCAA/HCAC rules, policies, procedures
• Supports entire football program goals
• Supports the total athletic program
• Demonstrates integrity and upholds the values and mission of the University.
• Committee assignments and other duties appropriate to skills and training as assigned by supervisors
• Demonstrates integrity and upholds the mission of the University.
• Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
Primary Contacts: Department Directors, coaching staff, Athletic Training staff, Recreation Coordinators, Coordinators of Athletic and Recreation Facilities, Secretaries, student employees, Student Affairs staff, Admission staff, prospective students and families, enrolled students, Registrar, Faculty Athletic Representative, and other members of the University community as well as the local and outside community.
Supervision Exercised: Student workers; may direct the routine activities of other personnel to accomplish own work.
Supervision Received: Works under general supervision where standard practice enables the employee to proceed independently on routine work referring questionable cases to a supervisor.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Experience: 1 year college coaching
Specialized Training: Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs; certified in First Aid, CPR and AED, HUDL video editing and exchange service, FrontRush recruiting and communication service,
• Exhibit a student/prospective student orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
• Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students' and prospective studnets’needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' and prospective students’needs
• Demonstrate ability to facilitate transition and counsel students towards the realization of full educational potential (can be personalized for position)
• Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, and special needs.
• Available to rotate through multiple time frames of service operations
• Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment to liberal arts education
• Collaborate well with others and help make the Athletics and Recreation staff a cohesive group
• Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, division or University goals
• Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Athletics and Recreation Department and other areas of the University as appropriate as required during high service demand times
• Develop and nurture an effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining appropriate level of professionalism
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
• Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking
• Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
Accuracy: Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions
• Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
• Demonstrate creativity and high energy
• Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
• Must possess aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office
Work Environment, Physical Demands: Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work. Other demands as appropriate.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to: email@example.com
Please include “Attn: Football Assistant Defensive Coach” in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
After a 34-year career at the Mount, Chief Financial Officer Anne Marie Wagner has decided to retire at the end of 2017. Read More
Studio San Giuseppe hosted summer art camps in June and July for young future artists. Read More