Department: Fiscal Operations
Reports to: Controller
Purpose: The FOA is responsible for the University's cash receipting, Fiscal Operations’ front line receptionist duties, and other related duties. The FOA participates in assignments as appropriate as a member of the Department of Fiscal Operations.
- Receive cash, checks, and charge slips from donors, auxiliary facilities and others. Determine proper account coding for input.
- Disburse petty cash to authorized individuals
- Reconcile cash, checks, and charge slips received with computer reports and balance cash drawer; prepare bank deposit for daily deposit. This process will be completed for drawers open through Fiscal Operations and Student Administrative Services Center.
- Balance and replenish petty cash drawer and stamp supply.
- Generate and file daily cashiering reports.
- Research and help solve cash receipt problems.
- Enter and upload ACH deposits for student refunds and employee expense reimbursement.
Fiscal Operations Assistant Duties:
- Screen and direct questions from phone and in-person inquiries.
- Receive, log, review employee expense reports for adherence to policies.
- Review monthly credit card receipts on a sample basis for company credit card transactions.
- Input student employee hours worked into payroll platform.
- Assist student employees with payroll paperwork.
- Maintain vendor relationship with current office supplier. Coordinate office supplies ordering and training of new personnel for supply ordering.
- Responsible for monthly notifications/tracking/resolution of non-cleared checks and unclaimed funds.
- Responsible for sending the notification of personal information change to students and name change requests to ISS.
- Open and direct mail.
- Participates in other fiscal operations assignments such as filing, retention of files, and proper destruction of records.
- Contribute to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results whenever needed.
Primary Contacts: Controller, Fiscal Operations staff members, University staff, vendors, and other members of the Mount community.
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Works under general supervision where standard practice enables the employee to proceed independently on routine work referring questionable cases to Controller.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Related experience in an automated environment.
Specialized Training: Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications; Any combination of education, experience, or training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Have a pleasant demeanor when dealing with front counter issues.
- Exhibit a "customer first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations.
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities and responsibilities.
- Anticipate and identify department and other customer needs and act appropriately.
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties.
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others.
- Willingly assist in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Department of Fiscal Operations and the Division of Business & Finance as required.
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining appropriate level of professionalism.
- Demonstrate highest regard for confidentiality of information.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills appropriate to position.
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions.
- Ensure accuracy of information that is provided to others.
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving.
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to satisfied completion.
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and functions within Fiscal Operations and position.
Technical: Must possess aptitude for technological development and its implications and uses for office functions.
Work Environment, Physical Demands: Standing or sitting in one position for long periods; computer data input, multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; high-level customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Attn: Fiscal Operations Assistant/Cashier” in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
After a 34-year career at the Mount, Chief Financial Officer Anne Marie Wagner has decided to retire at the end of 2017. Read More
Studio San Giuseppe hosted summer art camps in June and July for young future artists. Read More