Mount St. Joseph University, (MSJ), currently has one open Physical Therapy Faculty position. The position is full-time, 12-months, and includes at least 25% as Assistant Director of Clinical Education. Rank assigned will be commensurate with experience and may be tenure-track or professional-track.
MSJ is a private institution founded by the Sisters of Charity in 1920 emphasizing values, integrity and social responsibility. MSJ provides excellent graduate education for students grounded by a strong foundation in the liberal arts and sciences and dedicated to holistic, individual attention to students as they develop personal and professional skills.
The Department of Physical Therapy is part of the School of Health Sciences which includes Nursing, Athletic Training, Health and Wellness, and a developing Physician Assistant program. The School of Health Sciences is leading MSJ in new ventures to promote continuing education and development opportunities for healthcare professionals including the Interprofessional Education Initiative, and the Institute for the Advancement of Health Sciences. MSJ has a well-established graduate program in Physical Therapy with a diverse faculty team with expertise across all practice patterns and settings. Our graduating students are well-known for their professionalism, service to others, and clinical reasoning skills.
We are seeking a faculty members who is:
• A physical therapist committed to teaching and pursuing his/her own lifelong learning through professional development and scholarly activity
• With special interest in candidates with expertise in neurology, inpatient practice settings, administration, and/or clinical education
• A team player with strong skills in the areas of communication, organization, collaboration and problem-solving
• Candidates with an academic doctoral degree in physical therapy or a related field (PhD, EdD, DHS, DSc) are preferred. We will consider candidates with a DPT and ABPTS certification.
• Candidates eligible for licensure in Ohio
• Candidates with prior academic experience
MSJ is located in Cincinnati, Ohio on the banks of the Ohio River, offering both urban and rural opportunities for recreation and living. The Greater Cincinnati region has a national and international reputation for quality healthcare and provides many opportunities for leadership, professional practice and research for physical therapists.
To learn more about our department, faculty, and this opportunity please contact:
Chair, Faculty Search Committee:
Lisa Dehner PT, PhD, CEEAA
Professor of Physical Therapy
Mount St. Joseph University 5701 Delhi Road Cincinnati, Ohio 45233-1672
Lisa.firstname.lastname@example.org Office: (513) 244-4409
Studio San Giuseppe Art Gallery