Reports to: Manager of Alumni Programs
Purpose: Under the supervision of the Manager of Alumni Relations, the Coordinator of Alumni Programs will assist with planning, implementing and evaluating all aspects of alumni events. The incumbent also coordinates and implements programs designed to involve alumni and create an affinity to the school for mutually beneficial relationship, and advise the Student Alumni Association.
- Cultivate alumni relationships via designing and implementing on and off campus events, and other face-to-face engagements.
- Oversee the development and coordination of a wide range of special events and outreach initiatives locally and in targeted areas. Duties include, but not limited to, assisting with details for class reunions, alumni luncheons, receptions and sometimes collaborating with other departments.
- Coordinate all pre-event logistics including the development of event invitations and other printed materials.
- Direct the Student Alumni Association, including recruitment, strategy development of engagement for students and alumni through campus events and unique networking opportunities. Serve as liaison to student affairs to enhance exposure of alumni relations to the current student body.
- Collaboratively work with the IA department to create and publish alumni communications. Duties include writing for the biannual magazine, assist with the production of the monthly newsletter, website maintenance and publish social media content.
- Assist the Manager of Alumni Relations for implementing strategies for marketing and promoting alumni activities, programs and services to encourage alumni involvement and participation.
- Supports the Mount St. Joseph University Alumni Board with Manager of Alumni Programs.
- Manages event timelines to ensure that milestones are met on time.
- Oversees event execution at the event to ensure a successful outcome.
- Maintains a high level of accuracy and confidentiality due to the sensitive nature of the field.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Primary Contacts: Institutional Advancement
Supervision Received: Works toward a previously defined objective with little supervision and uses a wide range of procedures; plans and arranges own work referring unusual cases to the Manager of Alumni Programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of fundraising, alumni relations or event management
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines; excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills including public speaking when necessary; an ability to work well with volunteers in a fast paced environment
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: Experience in fundraising or related field is preferred. Prior history of alumni relations and/or student programming is ideal. Strong organizational and communication (written and oral) skills required. Proficient in use of technology.
Work Schedule: M-F, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; nights and weekends as needed.
Travel Some travel is required.
Physical Demands: Extended amounts of time on the computer and long periods of time sitting.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Attn: Coordinator of Alumni Programs” in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
After a 34-year career at the Mount, Chief Financial Officer Anne Marie Wagner has decided to retire at the end of 2017. Read More
Studio San Giuseppe hosted summer art camps in June and July for young future artists. Read More