Program: Master in Physician Assistant Studies
Reports To: Chairperson/Program Director, Physician Assistant Studies
Academic Appointment: Faculty School of Health Sciences
Start Date: July 1, 2017
Summary: The Clinical Director will provide leadership in the development, design, implementation and ongoing assessment of the clinical component of the Program curriculum. This person will be responsible for coordination of all aspects of the clinical component of the Program. This will include working with clinical sites, faculty site coordinators, and preceptors in the development of rotation scheduling and student assignments. The Clinical Director will also chair the Clinical Committee This person will ensure the proper preparedness of preceptors for participating in the Program. This person will play a major role in preparing the Program for ARC-PA accreditation as well as continual program assessment and strategic planning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist Chairperson/Program Director with Program design and development, especially in the areas of clinical instruction.
• Work with Academic Director to ensure matriculating students are well prepared to enter into the clinical phase of the Program.
• Teach in areas of expertise.
• Provide ongoing academic advising and mentoring to assigned students.
• Chair the Clinical Committee.
• Prepare Preceptor Manual for Program.
• Participate in ongoing Program assessment advising the Chairperson/Program Director regarding programmatic or policy changes with special focus on the clinical component.
• Assist with preparation of grants, reports, and self-studies related to ongoing funding and program accreditation.
• Assist program chair and/or his/her designee with budget planning, curriculum development and student enrollment/retention.
• Prepare Student Clinical Rotation Manual for matriculating students.
• Assessment of clinical performance of students.
• Ongoing evaluation of clinical sites and preceptors.
• Visiting and monitoring clinical sites on a regular basis.
• Ensure adherence to all affiliation agreements.
• Development of clinical sites as needed by the program.
• Prepare clinical rotation schedules for matriculating students.
• Coordinate clinical rotation schedule with clinical site directors.
• Represent the Program in the health care community and the community-at-large.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
• Graduate of an accredited PA Program.
• Master’s Degree in an appropriate field of study.
• Current NCCPA certification.
• Current licensure as a Physician Assistant in the state of Ohio or eligibility for licensure.
• Minimum of two years clinical experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of ARC-PA accreditation standards.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to: Patrick.email@example.com
Please include "Attn: Clinical Director" in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mount St. Joseph opened up conference play on Friday against conference rival Manchester Read More
Congrats, Torry! Read More