- The donor makes arrangements in her or his will to transfer a gift to the Mount after death.
- The donor creates a will, and in it leaves a gift of cash or property to the Mount.
The donor can give specific amounts of cash, property, a percentage of the estate, or the residue of the estate.
- The donor can support the University without reducing assets during her or his lifetime.
- The donor's will requires only a simple addition.
- The Mount receives the gift upon the donor's death.
- The donor's estate receives a tax deduction for the full value of the bequest.
E-mail Lisa Hinger Odenbeck, Director of Development, or call (513) 244-4475 or (800) 654-9314 ext. 4475. She can help you create a charitable gift plan that will fulfill your financial and philanthropic goals.
Mount St. Joseph University is not engaged in rendering legal or tax advising services. For advice and assistance in your specific case, you should seek the services of an attorney or other professional advisor.