Plan Your Gift
Planned giving allows you to make a charitable gift in a way that provides maximum benefit to the charity and to the donor. These gifts usually involve major assets and require thoughtful consideration. They can take many forms, including:
- Retirement plan assets
- Life insurance
- Life income gifts, such as gift annuities and charitable trusts
While making a well-planned gift to Mount St. Joseph University can be challenging and somewhat time-consuming, it also can be one of life's most satisfying experiences. Here are four steps to guide you through making a fulfilling planned gift:
- What you would like to accomplish with your gift?
- Your assets, especially appreciated assets.
- Your family and other obligations.
- If you need lifetime income from your gift.
- Gather information and advice.
- Contact the Planned Giving Office at the Mount or other charitable organization.
- Share your goals and objectives.
- Seek the counsel of a trusted financial advisor.
- Be sure you've considered this carefully and gathered appropriate information
- Take that big step…make your planned gift!
- The act of giving a well-planned gift can be exhilarating!
Notify the University
- Share the good news! Let the Mount know about your planned gift.
- Allow us to thank you for your generosity.
- Help the University plan for the future.
- Inspire others with your example.
Email Lisa Hinger-Odenbeck, Executive Director of Development, or call (513) 244-4475 or (800) 654-9314. She can help you create a charitable gift plan that will fulfill your financial and philanthropic goals.