The College of Mount St. Joseph welcomes your gift of stock. It's an attractive giving option that benefits both the charity and the donor. If the charitable gift is appreciated stock, it produces two tax benefits for the donor: an income tax deduction and bypass of capital gain. There are three methods for delivering a gift of stock:
- Notify your broker of your intended gift by transfer.
- Transfer to: Fifth Third Bank Foundation & Endowment Services
Account No: 01-000-2320000
Account Name: Mount St. Joseph College
E-mail Sharon Carter, call (513) 358-1874, or fax (513) 358-4753 at Fifth Third.
To ensure your gift is matched quickly with your name, complete a Stock Gift Notification Form, or contact (or have your broker contact) Lisa Hinger-Odenbeck, Director of Development at (513) 244-4475 or (800) 654-9314 ext. 4475) with the following information:
- Donor's name
- Name of stock
- Number of shares
- Broker that is transferring stock
- Date of transfer
- Purpose of gift
- Send to the Mount, by registered mail, the unendorsed stock certificate(s).
- In a separate envelope, mail to the Mount a signed stock power form for each certificate.
- Sign your name on the stock power form(s) exactly as it appears on the certificate(s). Have your signature guaranteed by your broker or banker.
- Enclose a cover letter, with your name, address, telephone number, and designated purpose for which you are making the gift.
- Endorse the back of the stock certificate(s) in the presence of a representative of the Mount or sign a separate stock power.
- Present the certificate(s) to the Mount.
You will receive written confirmation of the value and date of your gift for income tax purposes. The value of the gift will be the average of the high and low prices on the date of the gift, which is determined as follows:
- If delivered by electronic transfer, the date the shares are received into the Mount's account.
- If mailed, the postmark date on the registered mail envelope.
- If delivered by hand, the date of physical delivery.