Our convenient and flexible online programs deliver the same quality and the same personalized attention as our on-campus options.
In addition to Ohio, we are authorized to accept students for the online programs from the following states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia and Washington.
RN to BSN: Students who have an associate’s degree and have obtained a registered nurse license (RN) can pursue their Bachelor of Science in nursing degree (BSN).
The RN to BSN program starts every August and January. The application deadline is 10 days prior to the program start date. Request Info
- Master of Arts: Reading Science: This is a natural completion particularly after Ohio Reading Endorsement and Dyslexia Certification are achieved
Certificates and Endorsements
- Chemical Dependency Counseling Assistant (CDCA) Certificate: The Mount offers a fully online Chemical Dependency Counseling Assistant (CDCA) course that meets Phase I of the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professional Board (OCDP) training requirements.
Pre-K Special Needs Endorsement: Students can earn this endorsement online in two semesters or less.
The Pre-K Special Needs Endorsement program starts in January and May. Request Info
- Gerontology Certificate: Students can achieve 21 credit hours of courses in this online certificate program.
- Ohio Reading Endorsement: Achieved following state requirement of 12 undergraduate and/or graduate hours of reading coursework. Request Info
- Dyslexia Certificate: Optimize your reading course selections and earn this certification as you go.
What can an online education offer?
- Opportunities for adults seeking to advance in, or change their careers
- Schedules your education around your busy life
- Courses accessible anywhere, anytime from your computer
- Faculty members with real-world experience
- Support to help students excel in the online classroom
The Mount has more than 90 years of proven expertise and tradition in educating students toward their professional goals. The new online offerings are an addition to the Mount's well-respected, quality degree programs that have been serving the various needs of the Cincinnati community for decades. Students can now benefit from the University's tradition of academic excellence, regardless of scheduling demands.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information about preparing for an online course and the answers to other questions, visit our online learning FAQ page.
State Contact Information
Pursuant to the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Integrity Rules, Mount St. Joseph University must provide to its students or prospective students the contact information for filing complaints with the relevant agency in each state in which we are authorized to offer online education. The list of state agencies and contact information is found here.