Students majoring in Natural Sciences can take a wide range of courses in chemistry, biology, geology and physics. This major is an excellent choice for students who need to complete a science degree with evening and online options. It is also excellent preparation for students who intend to continue on to a graduate programs in the health sciences such as a Masters in Nursing. This program can be completed exclusively with evening and online courses, making it an excellent choice for adult students looking for an evening program.
The program consists of 47 credit hours in courses offered by Biology and Chemistry Departments including:
- General Chemistry Lecture and Lab
- Principles of Biology Lecture and Lab
- Physical Science
- Anatomy and Physiology
The program also requires Foundations of Professionalism and the Natural Science Seminar to help students prepare for their careers after they complete their degree.
A Bachelor of Science degree in Natural Sciences is a strong option for students wishing to continue into graduate programs in health care. You can also couple the natural sciences major with a minor in chemistry or biology to broaden your career options in the chemistry or biology fields.
Benefits of the Program:
- This program can also be completed with only evening and online courses making it a good option for adult students looking for an evening program.
- This is a flexible program in that students can tailor their course work to best fit their career goals. For example, if a student has an interest in biology they can take additional biology courses to meet the program requirements.
- This program also offers the option of taking complimentary courses from the psychology department that may be of interest to students interested in health care.
Joyleen completed her Bachelor of Science Degree in Natural Sciences with a chemistry concentration and is now working at Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio.
Like what you see? Learn more by coming to visit us.
Visit our financial aid page to learn your options for scholarships, grants, and loans.