Students with a dual major in math and chemistry develop critical thinking, observation and logic skills.
With a dual major in mathematics and chemistry, students will complete rigorous coursework in both disciplines. By focusing on these two subjects, students will become well-rounded, critical thinkers. The combination of scientific observation and logical thinking will be a tremendous asset when marketing to future employers.
Why Mathematics and Chemistry at the Mount?
- Extensive experience in different types of chemistry and physics labs
- Exposure to pure and applied mathematics for a well-rounded background
- Departmental Scholarships and Awards to assist students who go above and beyond
- Small class sizes, personal attention and a welcoming atmosphere for a healthy learning environment
- Individual math research as well as a co-op experience to prepare you for your future career
After the Mount?
With your newly acquired math chemistry degree and unique skill set from Mount St. Joseph University, you might choose to pursue one of the following: