By majoring in math and business administration, you will learn to analyze problems and design solutions for business in today’s world.
A new business core replacing Mathematics and Business Administration as a major** will apply to all incoming 2015-2016 incoming students. A dual major in Mathematics and Financial Economics is now available. Click on the program title below for more information:
Unique in the Tri-State area, our major in Financial Economics builds a strong foundation in economics as applied to financial markets, banks, and other financial institutions. While also majoring in mathematics, students engage in work experiences where they apply quantitative literacy skills to make valuable contributions in the business setting.
**The changes in the 2015-2016 Catalogs do not affect current students. Current students follow the requirements under their declared catalog year for the core and major. A student’s declared catalog is the catalog that was in place when you enrolled at the Mount unless you specifically chose to change it to a subsequent catalog. All previous catalogs remain the same for core requirements and major requirements.
As a major in math and business administration, students develop a solid foundation in both subjects. By choosing a dual major, students will learn how to approach real-world applications that demand highly developed quantitative skills. These skills guide toward a successful career in many fields in business such as marketing or finance.
Why Mathematics and Business at the Mount?
- Use your mathematical background to solve complex problems in a rapidly changing business environment
- Work with math faculty who have significant business experience
- Departmental Scholarships and Awards to assist students who go above and beyond -
- Small class sizes, personal attention and a welcoming atmosphere for a healthy learning environment
- Individual math research as well as a co-op experience to prepare you for your future career
After the Mount?
With a dual math/business degree from Mount St. Joseph University, students have endless career opportunities. Some options include:
- Certified Financial Advisor
- Actuarial Science: Life and Pension; Casualty
- Quantitative Analyst
- Stock Broker
News and Updates
Stay up to date with the most recent mathematics/business administration program news and events; visit the department of mathematics page.
Chair, Associate Professor