Informatics provides an interdisciplinary approach to computing and the interaction of people, information and technology across organizations.
The Mount is no longer accepting students to this program.
Please visit the Computer Science program page to explore similar career-readiness opportunities.
Informatics is the interaction of people, information and technology in a specific discipline. By choosing a dual major in mathematics and web/mobile informatics, students will develop strong analytical abilities, problem solving skills and computing knowledge.
Why Math and Web Mobile at the Mount?
- Opportunities for on campus employment while students complete their degree
- Exposure to pure and applied mathematics for a well-rounded background
- Departmental Scholarships and Awards to assist students who go above and beyond
- Small class sizes, personal attention and a welcoming atmosphere for a healthy learning environment
- Individual informatics research as well as a co-op experience to prepare for future careers
After the Mount?
This major will leave students well prepared for a variety of careers including those listed below.
- Database Administrator
- Information Architect
- Mobile Application Developer
- Simulation Modeling Engineer
- Web Developer
- Operations Researcher
- Mathematical Researcher