Develop discernment for the needs of others and facilitate the learning process as an Educational Studies major.
The Educational Studies program is an individualized program designed for students with an interest in education, focusing in areas other than formal classroom teaching and/or teacher licensure.
Graduates with this degree may progress into careers in fields such as:
- Disability Services
- Family and Children Services
- Program Development (for corporations and nonprofits)
- Adult Education
- Community Outreach
- The program involves a solid foundation of liberal arts and education courses, with flexibility for pursuing electives, a minor or even a dual major in an area of interest.
Students who successfully complete the Educational Studies major will:
- Use social, cultural, political, and historical perspectives to critically examine educational policies, structures and practices.
- Understand and identify the needs of learners as related to diverse characteristics, content and context.
- Evaluate educational policies, structures and practices in terms of making learning accessible to diverse learners.
- Demonstrate skills for planning and teaching in a supportive environment.
- Utilize professional communication and collaboration for educational purposes.