Developed in conjunction with area business leaders, the Management curriculum provides the technical and interpersonal skills that organizations demand today. Students who major in management will be able to apply knowledge of leadership and management to increase efficiency and effectiveness in accomplishing organizational goals. Students gain a strong ethical foundation and awareness of global and social issues in business, as graduates use their knowledge to contribute to business operations in organizations ranging from large corporations to small businesses.
- Human resources
- Quality management
- Project management.
Online Options Now Available for Bachelor’s Degree in Management
It’s the same management degree you can earn on campus, and it’s available online.
Learn to meet organizational goals more efficiently and effectively by applying knowledge of leadership and management. Gain a strong ethical foundation and an awareness of global and social issues in business. You will be prepared to contribute to business operations in organizations ranging from large corporations to small businesses to non-profits.
Benefits of online format:
- Online courses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Each course is only 7 weeks long* so you can progress quickly (*except for accounting courses).
- You can pick and choose if you would like to take certain courses in person or online.
- Learn at your own pace, test yourself with learning checks, and either move on to new material or revisit topics until you have mastered them.
Exceptional Leadership & Guidance
- Online courses allow you to communicate with your instructors via the online course site, through email, phone calls, or on-campus visits.
- MSJ is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- If you have taken courses previously at other schools, evaluations are available to discern equivalencies for credit towards your degree at the Mount.
Courses in the Management degree include:
- Business Research
- International Business
- Operations Management
- Human Resource Management
- And more
Students can expect to:
- become skilled users of business technologies while gaining a strong foundation of current business knowledge
- learn to analyze complex business and use evidence-based management to make operational and strategic decisions
- understand effective use of business communication as is stressed throughout coursework
- gain a strong ethical foundation and an awareness of global and social issues in business
- learn to apply leadership and management knowledge to increase the efficiency and effectiveness in meeting organizational goals.
Following the completion of the Business Management: Online coursework, a Saturday MBA option allows professionals to extend their education goals while still working.
Co-op and service learning immerse students in the real world and provide rich opportunities for experiential learning and the application of skills and knowledge learned in the classroom. Students work under the supervision of a faculty member and an agency professional in a variety of non-profit and for-profit organizations and community partners.
Business students are encouraged to take advantage of co-op opportunities and a variety of career services and programs available through the university Career and Experiential Education Center.
Open to full-time students, the innovative Talent Opportunity Program (TOP) allows students to build skills in career planning, professionalism and ethical leadership from freshman year to graduation.
Faculty & Staff
Visit our Scholarships, Grants, and Loans webpage to use the Wizard and Net Price Calculator to help you review your options.