We offer a B.A. in Art Education for students who plan to become professional art educators.
In addition to the theory and practice of current approaches to teaching in diverse settings, the Art Education program offers an intensive study of the visual arts. Students demonstrate competency in a variety of art forms and specialize in one area, leading to their senior thesis exhibit.
Our comprehensive curriculum includes:
- Art Criticism
- World Art: Caves to Temples
- World Art: Cathedrals to Palaces
- Art History Elective
- Digital Literacy
- Comprehensive Art Education I and II
- Foundation Drawing I and II
- Foundation of 3-D Visual Communication
- Foundation of Visual Thinking
- Foundation Art & Design Seminar
- Philosophy of Art
- Digital Photography
- Senior Art Seminar
The art program, coupled with professional education coursework and in-field experiences, prepares students for Ohio Multi-age licensure as a Visual Art Specialist, pre-K-12.
Other career options may include:
- art school instructor
- art supervisor
- cultural arts center instructor
- museum educator or docent
- private art teacher and
- senior center art coordinator
News and Updates
Stay up to date with the most recent Art Education program news and events; visit the Department of Art and Design page.