WORK POLICY FOR PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT STUDIES
Successful completion of the PA Program requires a full time year-round commitment. The following policy will provide students with important information to enhance your success.
- Students are discouraged from working in any form of employment while enrolled in the didactic phase of the PA program.
- Outside activities and working are not considered to be valid excuses for poor academic performance or lack of attendance at required PA program activities.
- PA students cannot ever work for the Program and may never substitute for or function as instructional faculty.
- Students are prohibited from working in any capacity while enrolled in the clinical phase of the PA program. It is especially important during the clinical rotations phase of the program that students be available to their preceptors on short notice for special learning opportunities outside of regular office hours. Failure to fully participate in all clinical related activities is considered abandonment and will result in failure of the rotation unless it is an excused absence per program guidelines.
- Students enrolled in the PA program cannot substitute for practicing physician assistants or provide unsupervised services common to a certified PA while at any learning site while enrolled in the program.
- PA students must never work as a substitute for clinical or administrative staff during supervised clinical practice experiences.
If you choose to disregard this work policy and are unable to attend scheduled program activities due to a work conflict, you will be dismissed from the program.
The Lions fell to Bluffton 69-58 in the opening round of the HCAC tournament. Read More
Andrew Chisholm has received his second player of the week honor, this time earning offensive player of the week. Read More