The Master of Science In Organizational Leadership is a multi-disciplinary program focused on values-based leadership.

Applicants must have a bachelor's degree from any regionally accredited college or university program; it does not have to be a business related degree. The MSOL program encourages applicants in any career from any kind of organization.

Applicants must have:

  • An undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 ("B")
  • At least three years of significant workplace experience; that is, showing career growth, increasing responsibility and leadership potential
  • A commitment to values and ethical conduct
  • The ability to succeed in an educational environment that requires independent learning

Specific Requirements

  • A completed Graduate Application form.
  • A $50 non-refundable application fee payable to Mount St. Joseph University.
  • Academic Transcripts: Official undergraduate transcript(s) from a regionally accredited college or university, with a baccalaureate degree noted. Transcript(s) must be sent directly from the undergraduate institution.
  • Two letters of reference from employers and/or teachers who can speak to your character as well as to your abilities. References can be submitted through e-mail by the writer to Mary Brigham, assistant director of graduate admission,
  • An essay (300-500 words) about a difficult ethical or moral decision or dilemma you experienced or observed at work or in another situation. Describe your thoughts and feelings about this situation and what you learned from it.
  • A current resume describing your work history.


  • We may also wish to interview you.
  • Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are optional but not required.

Requirements for International Students

  • Undergraduate transcripts from countries outside the United States will need to be evaluated by World Education Service. (
  • TOEFL requirements: 220 computer based – 83 on i-TOEFL ( Requirements can be waived only if the graduate department requires another standardized test, e.g. GRE.
  • Permanent residents must provide a copy of Alien Registration Card (green card) or a copy of visa documentation.
  • Declaration of Finances (for F-1 Visa), either I-134 or certified bank statement on letterhead with dollar amount equal to one year’s tuition, housing, etc.