Complete your MBA with as few as 6 additional courses!
The MSOL to MBA program is designed to allow MSOL Mount Alumni, within 6 years of their graduation, to continue on and earn a MBA in as few as 6 additional courses. Dual credit earned from some MSOL coursework and is applied towards the MBA. The program will follow the cohort delivery model that is used in the MSOL program.
Foundational coursework must be completed prior to the program start. Course substitutions may be approved by the School of Business pending a review of official undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- BUS 600: Finance and Accounting for Leaders
- MOL 605: Methods of Organizational Research or
- MGT 680: Organizational Research and Change
Dual Credit Courses: Students must either 1) have completed dual enrollment courses as part of the MSOL or earned a minimum of a 3.5 GPA, or 2) complete needed courses or their equivalent MBA courses.
Dual MSOL/MBA Coursework
- LGS 625: Legal Issues in Organizations (3)
- PHI 660: Ethical Issues in Organizations (3)
- MGT 610: People in Organizations (3)
- MGT 620: Managing Information, Technology and Projects (3)
- MGT 640: The Changing Workplace (3)
- MOL 600: Exploring Leadership (3)
- ECO 600: Global Economic Issues (3) or ECO 655: Global Economic Issues (3)
MSOL Alum to MBA Required Coursework for Degree Completion
- ACC 600: Managerial Accounting (3)
- MGT 606: Leadership Seminar 2 (3)
- FIN 610: Managerial Finance (3)
- MGT 607: Strategic Management (3)
- MGT 603: Project and Operations Management (3)
- MKT 520: Marketing for Managers (3)
- Courses meet on campus Saturday mornings
- One course at a time, 7-8 weeks
- Students complete 2 courses back-to-back per semester
- A cumulative GPA of 3.5/4.0 or higher, computed on the graduate business courses taken at Mount St. Joseph University.
- Graduate business courses to apply to the MBA must have been taken no more than 6 years prior to starting the MBA.
- A completed Graduate Admission Application. Apply online at www.msj.edu/apply.
- A completed MSOL Alum to MBA Course Outline Form.
- One-page typed personal essay (include professional goals and reasons for seeking MBA).
- Your resume.
- Successful completion of an interview with the MBA Program Director.
- No transfer courses are accepted for the courses taken in the MBA program. All courses in the MSOL to MBA program must be taken at Mount St. Joseph University.
For Admission Questions:
Sr. Admission Counselor for Graduate Studies
To learn more about the MSOL Alum to MBA program join us for a Graduate Information Session:
- Saturday, June 3, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 6:30 p.m.
To register please visit: www.msj.edu/gradinfo
APPLY NOW-No Application Fee!
Classes beginning August 2017
The Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference announced all-conference list today and the Lions were represented well. Read More
Dr. Jennifer Morris’ Global Human Rights class is spearheading the Purse Project to collection donations for Bethany House. Read More