Admission Requirements for the 4+1 MBA
There are two stages to the 4+1 MBA program admission process:
- Application for provisional admission status
- Progression to full admission status
Provisional Admission Requirements
Application to the MBA program is made in the spring semester of your junior year. Upon acceptance to the program, you will achieve provisional status. You will then be eligible to enroll in your first two MBA dual credit courses in the fall semester of your senior year.
To apply for provisional status, submit the following:
- Completed MBA Application Form
- Completed MBA Foundational Courses Form
- Two recommendations: (1) a letter of recommendation from a faculty member in the Division of Business and (2) an ethical/character reference from someone other than immediate family
- One-page, typed statement of your career goals in the next five years and how an MBA will help you achieve them.
As a provisional student, you will complete four dual credit courses (two per semester) during your senior year:
- Corporate, Legal, and Ethical Responsibility (3 credit hours)
- Managing Innovation and Technology (3 credit hours)
- Team Building and Group Dynamics (3 credit hours)
- Marketing for Management (3 credit hours)
Full Admission Requirements for 4+1 Students
Once you are admitted as a provisional 4+1 MBA student, you will become eligible for full admission status upon fulfilling the following requirements:
- Completed undergraduate degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completion of the required 30 credits of undergraduate business prerequisite courses with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Completion of the required 12 credits of MBA dual credit courses with a grade of B or higher
- Successful completion of a project-based internship
Admission Requirements for students who have completed an Undergraduate Degree
Requirements for admission to the program are as follows:
1. A degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Send an official transcript verifying the degree directly from the institution attended to the Office of Graduate Admission, College of Mount St. Joseph, 5701 Delhi Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45233.
2. A cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher, computed on the undergraduate degree courses and additional prerequisite courses taken beyond the undergraduate degree.
3. Completion of the MBA Required Foundational Course form.
4. Two letters of reference:
- one from faculty in your undergraduate program who can attest to your ability to do graduate-level work and
- a letter of ethical/character reference from someone familiar with the applicant other than immediate family.
5. Submission of a one-page, typed statement of the applicant's career goals in the next five years and how an MBA will help you in achieving your goals.
6. Successful interview with the MBA admission's committee