The Master of Arts Initial Teacher Licensure is for students with a bachelor's seeking Ohio teaching licensure and a Master of Arts degree.
Our programs are accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC) and approved by the Ohio Department of Education (ODE). We have the following licensure options within the Teaching major:
- Inclusive Early Childhood Education For students with a bachelor’s degree who want to teach young children.
- Middle Childhood Education For students with a bachelor's degree who want to teach grades four through nine.
- Adolescent to Young Adult Education For students with a bachelor's degree who want to teach grades seven through 12.
- TEAM-MSE (Multicultural Special Education) - Intervention Specialist License is designed for individuals with a bachelor's degree who want to teach children with special needs who come from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds in grades K-12.
- Multi-age Education For those interested in teaching art or music education to a wide age group, from three to 21.
- Graduate Programs in Inclusive Early Childhood Education are for those who want to work with children Pre-K through grade 3. These programs can be completed in a full-time 15-month pathway or a part-time pathway.
News and Updates
Stay up to date with the most recent education program news and events; visit the department of graduate education page.