The Department of Physical Therapy seeks to award outstanding professionals, clinicians and educators working within the Mount's PT program.
Each year, the Department of Physical Therapy seeks to award outstanding professionals, clinicians and educators working within the Mount's PT program. The DPT Awards and Scholarship Committee will be accepting nominations for award recipients in the following categories:
- Distinguished Physical Therapy Administrator
- Distinguished Physical Therapy Educator
- Distinguished Physical Therapy Researcher
- Lifetime Achievement in Physical Therapy
- MSJ Physical Therapy Alumni Leader
You are invited to participate in this program by nominating a physical therapy colleague for an award. Submissions must be received by March 1st, and must include:
- A completed nomination form
- A nomination narrative typed or printed legibly
- A current curriculum vita of the nominee
Distinguished Physical Therapy Administrator
The recipient of the Distinguished Physical Therapy Administrator Award is recognized for outstanding leadership and management skills within the field of physical therapy administration, has a minimum of a BS in physical therapy, and is presently employed in the field of physical therapy administration.
Distinguished Physical Therapy Educator
The recipient of the Distinguished Physical Therapy Educator Award is recognized by both students and colleagues for commitment to academia and the advancement of physical therapy knowledge, is presently employed in a physical therapy faculty position, and holds a master's or doctoral degree.
Distinguished Physical Therapy Researcher
The recipient of the Distinguished Physical Therapy Researcher Award is recognized for significant research activities which have positively affected physical therapy practice, has a master's or doctoral degree, and demonstrates recent involvement in research endeavors related to physical therapy.
MSJ Physical Therapy Alumni Leader
The Physical Therapy Alumni Leader Award recognizes a physical therapist who earned a physical therapy degree at the College of Mount St. Joseph and is a leader within any setting related to health care.
Past Award Winners
Distinguished Physical Therapy Administrators
- 2011: Erin (Mallory) Hofmeyer, PT, DPT
- 2010: Shannon Dunn, PT, MPT
- 2009: Jeanine Gunn, PT, DPT
Distinguished Physical Therapy Clinical Instructors
- 2011: Eric Schneider, PT, MPT
- 2010: JD Daruwalla, PT
- 2009: Dana Gifford, PT, MPT
- 2008: Jen Sirotak, PT, MPT, DPT, OCS, SCS
Distinguished Physical Therapy Researchers
- 2010: Kari Dunning, PT, M.S., Ph.D.
- 2009: Laura Schmitt, PT, MPT, Ph.D.
MSJ Physical Therapy Alumni Leaders
- 2011 - Chris Chirumbolo, PT, MPT, GCS
- 2010 - Rob Dunham, PT, DPT - MPT, DPT
Lifetime Achievement in Physical Therapy
- 2010: Carolyn Kisner, PT, M.S.