The Physical Therapy Department at the College of Mount St. Joseph now participates in the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service, known as PTCAS. To learn more about the PTCAS application process, please visit the PTCAS web site.
As a benefit of attending the College of Mount St. Joseph for their undergraduate coursework, Mount students may recieve preferential admission.
Mount Student Preferential Admission Criteria
- Adherence to PTCAS application process
- Must have completed 90 or more credit hours at the Mount
- Mount course work completed within 2 years of application deadline
- Conferment of a bachelor’s degree prior to program start
- GRE scores (within 5 years of application deadline) required if Science GPA < 3.25
- Overall GPA > 3.0/ 4.0
- Science Prerequisite GPA > 3.0
- No prerequisite with a grade < C (this includes C-, C, C+)
- At least 2/3rds of prerequisite science course work completed prior to application deadline. All prerequisite coursework must be completed prior to matriculation date
- Participate in the Interview process
Mount Student Preferential Admission Process
- Applicants who fulfill the above criteria as Mount students will automatically receive an invitation to participate in the Interview process
- Mount preferential acceptance into the DPT program will occur prior to General admission acceptance
- Up to 12 Mount students may be accepted through the preferential admission process, (approximately one-third of an entering class). In the event that there are more than 12 qualified Mount applicants, the top 12 students will be offered preferential admission.
- Individuals not awarded preferential admission will be placed in the general admission pool and their applications ranked accordingly. Those who score above the cutoff for general admission will be invited to enroll at that time.
The Mount will continue to offer co-op positions at HCJFS due to a grant from The Carol Ann and Ralph V. Haile, Jr./U.S. Bank Foundation. Read More