The Department of Athletic Training provides an entry-level athletic training education.
Our program incorporates research and technologies with an interdisciplinary liberal arts foundation.
Students who successfully complete the athletic training program learn to:
- Demonstrate professional, legal, ethical, social, and political responsibilities in the role of a certified athletic trainer.
- Communicate effectively with athletes, their families, colleagues, and other health care professionals while respecting cultural and ethnic differences.
- Employ critical thinking skills to recognize and define problems, analyze data, develop and implement solutions, and evaluate outcomes.
- Demonstrate accountability for actions and outcomes while fulfilling commitments as a certified athletic trainer.
- Implement safe and effective therapeutic interventions.
The Department of Athletic Training offers an undergraduate major in athletic training, a minor in coaching, and a minor in exercise science and fitness.
View the Board of Certification pass rate results.
Chair, Associate Professor