We prepare you for the Certified Public Accountant or the Certificate in Management Accounting exams.
We enhance your accounting skills with a solid liberal arts background.
Accounting graduates leave Mount St. Joseph University well prepared for a career in accounting, or to pursue a graduate degree. We emphasize:
- Developing interpersonal skills.
- Fine tuning analytical abilities.
- Increasing understanding of ethics in a business environment.
Students who successfully complete the accounting major learn to:
- Analyze business situations and make creative, logical and ethical decisions.
- Communicate effectively in business situations.
We offer Bachelor of Science degree.
Accounting students are encouraged to take advantage of co-op opportunities and a variety of career services and programs available through the university Career and Experiential Education Center.
Open to full-time students, the innovative Talent Opportunity Program (TOP) allows students to build skills in career planning, professionalism and ethical leadership from freshman year to graduation.