The Department of Sociology and Social Work exposes you to a challenging profession that contributes to alleviating social problems.
In this program, you receive on-the-job learning experience through field work and instruction by experienced social work practitioners.
Students in the Department of Sociology and Social Work:
- Apply critical thinking skills to social work practice and demonstrate professionalism.
- Practice the values and ethics of social work professions with an understanding and respect for diversity.
- Understand society and create strategies to change and promote social and economic justice.
- Apply knowledge of biological, psychological and sociological variables affecting individuals.
- Evaluate research studies and apply findings to practice.
The Department of Sociology and Social Work offers a major in social work. We offer a minor in nonprofit leadership and gerontology.