Past Mount St. Joseph University presidents.
Sister Maria Corona
Mother Generals of the Sisters of Charity served ex officio as president of the College of Mount St. Joseph from 1920 to 1959, when the separate Office of the President was established. Sister Maria Corona Molloy, who was dean since 1933, was named the first president in 1959 and served until 1967. She led the College’s growth and oversaw the building of the new campus, which opened in 1962.
Sister Adele Clifford
Our second president was Sister Adele Clifford, a professor of biology, who led the College from 1967 until 1972. At that time, the Sisters of Charity separately incorporated the College of Mount St. Joseph under a board of trustees and retained the role of sponsor.
Robert Wolverton was named the Mount’s third president in 1972 and he served until 1977. He was the first lay president of the College.
Sister Jean Patrice Harrington
Sister Jean Patrice Harrington was appointed the College’s fourth president, from 1977 to 1987. She directed the College’s expansion into adult and graduate education.
Sister Francis Marie Thrailkill
In 1987, Sister Francis Marie Thrailkill, a member of the Ursulines of the Roman Union, became the Mount's fifth president. She retired in June 2008 after 20 years. She led the College’s transformation into a fully coeducational institution; expanded student services and the intercollegiate athletics program from 4 to 21 sports; strengthened the curriculum and oversaw the largest campus expansion.
Dr. Anthony Aretz
Anthony Aretz, Ph. D., was appointed the sixth president of the Mount and its second lay leader serving from 2008 to 2015. Dr. Aretz led the change in designation from college to university status which broadened the educational experiences and opportunities at the Mount.
MSJ extends articulation agreement with Gateway Community & Technical College Read More
Mount faculty and students serve as instructors for AT regional conference on simulation and moulage in clinical education. Read More
Corona Room, Seton Center